Horrendous Battery Issue

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The graph from battery widget linked below shows the problem clearly. My first 18 or so hours with my 620. Any ideas what could cause a 60%-0 battery loss in 5 minutes? And in a similar vein why does the device think it is at capacity after only 5 minutes on charge? The battery stats within settings mirror the readings from battery widget. Losing confidence in the device very quickly.

I have been sure to use the charger that came with the phone. I do have another unused 620 waiting for return so I might try and swap the batteries. As I type it does seem to be doing a more gradual charge.

Any similar issues?

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A2C9762AB4A87319!154&authkey=!AKyPunKT-aLLAI0

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It went down as quick as it came back, probably a display issue or something.

And I find that I actually enjoyed my phone more when I don't OCD over my battery life.

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just discovered that my 620's have different battery's. They are both BL-4J but the O2 one is black and the sim free one is grey. More interestingly though the sim free model is rated at 1320mah compared to the 1300 on the O2 phone. Strange. It was the 1320mah giving me the above problems though. It charged normal from 0-30% then immediately hit 100%.

Have switched the battery's now and will continue to monitor.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
If both battery act similarly, you may want to try reset the phone. If the same thing occurs, something is very wrong with the phone. Just try a reset of both battery act the same...

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I know why.. Did you turn on Battery Saver mode at about 60%? Since battery apps plot graphs by running in the background, maybe you turned on battery saver, so it stopped running in the background (and thus it thinks your phone has 0 juice left), and then when you plug your phone in to charge, battery saver is turned off, it then detects your battery is at 100%.

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Had considered this but as mentioned above the battery readout in the phone settings matched those on the app and the phone actually died when at zero.

Glad to report though that things are running normal with the other battery. Phone has been off the charge for 13 hours now and after a day of moderate use I am on 24%. I'm more than happy with this performance from a 1300mah cell.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Glad to report though that things are running normal with the other battery. Phone has been off the charge for 13 hours now and after a day of moderate use I am on 24%. I'm more than happy with this performance from a 1300mah cell.

Apart from one guy somewhere in this forum who were disgusted by the 1300mah battery pack (he didn't have neither tried the Lumia 620 anyway), I am feeling more than happy as I didn't expect the phone to last the whole day. Now normally I can get in the region of 15-24 hours everyday without a problem ;)

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Battery still going well. On a moderate/heavy day I get around 15 hours which is more than sufficient to get me from morning when I leave the house until evening when going to bed. On light days it has powered right through to the next day. Longest life yet is 1 day 7 hours.

Brilliant for the battery size considering I'm always using 3g/H and wifi at home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon