Extra Shells

peanutbutterbug

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I take back what I said about the yellow. It's lovely on the phone. Still very vibrant. Got it on ebay for ?15. The seller has the lime cover on order from ebay. Will pick one up when they are in.

Which ebay seller? I'm on a hunt for lime and magenta (I think there's a magenta/pink). I'm hoping my Cyan arrives soon although it could take a while for it to travel from Spain to Canada.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I got the matte yellow from Ebay same buyer too arrived very fast. Looks lovely a colour for spring time. But I do want a Cyan one now too. :amaze:

Lucius Fox

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
this thread is quite helpful, spent a lot of time trying to use Google Translate for a german website but that didn't work out as they don't ship to Australia.

can i ask, Sean_Burns, the ones you purchased from 2_buy_a, are they the genuine covers, with CC-3057 as the part number? I just want to make sure before i buy them. They will still end up 10 Australian Dollars more per cover than the price of the covers here for sale (basically only the lime green), but i am desperate to get the colours :D

Lucius Fox

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
got the cyan and orange covers from seller "eprom2020", look freakin' beautiful on my partner's 620.

noticed that 2_buy_a have run out of yellow covers and only have the magenta left. anyone know of any links to any ebay stores that have the yellow and magneta in the same store? would help a lot, as i live in Australia and have already spent heaps on two covers :(

Marcus Wilton

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone explain what on earth Nokia are thinking, not releasing these things?

Release a phone to much fanfare of different cases, and yet don't sell them? I love the phone, but it just would be so much better in a bright colour. It is amazing that a massive company can not sell it's own products, i thought Nokia was struggling to compete with the likes of Samsung, Apple HTC, well no wonder when it can't manage to sell it's own products. The goign rate for these covers on ebay is ?15, which is 10% of the value of the phone!

Surely Nokia know how to sell things through their website, given that not a single shop or online retailer is selling the cases in the UK they can't be infringing any trade agreements. I just do not understand it. Are they so short of Stock? make more!

Goodness knows Nokia need all the help they can get...

Jess Wells

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone want a lime green one, BNIB *opens flap of raincoat shiftily*? Seriously, I have this green one, which was my second choice on the "free case" coupon they gave me when I bought the phone. I really wanted a pink one. I'm UK based and can Ebay it....

Wild Heart

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying a 620.

They look great in the shops and the reviews look really positive online too.

However, as with all of these things I want to keep it looking as pristine as possible and the idea of being able to buy a replacement back cover, should the original become damaged, without having to buy an extra protective case is a major plus.

However, it's heavily advertised that different "shells," are available, but not as easily as I would like, though I'm grateful for some of the suggestions on this forum.

Nokia themselves, IMO, should supply them at source, which would make life an awful lot easier.
And, so far as their "support," pages are concerned, as with many of these companies, they don't seem to make it that easy to contact them.

So, I may end up sticking with Android when I upgrade my phone in a few weeks..

At least with Samsung, you can get in touch with them pretty quickly and they're pretty quick at responding.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if these covers could possibly be actual Nokia versions:

New Replacement Housing Battery Back Cover Rear Case for Nokia Lumia 620 | eBay

They are from China which is a bad sign, but they have the Nokia logo on the back and the seller has good feedback. I notice some of the other China sellers with these have scrambled the picture where the Nokia logo is...

Anyone know if there are Chinese knockoffs of these backs at this point that are a risk?

Thanks

mark4130

May 6, 2013
Visit site
One of the persuading factors in getting the 620 was the Nokia announced cc3061 protective case. The fact that it was announced at the beginning of March and at the end of May you still cant actually buy one is shocking. Trying to find original Nokia cases is hard enough, but the protective case is impossible to find.
Why advertise stuff and promote stuff if you arent bringing it to market, all you will do is lose users who will be twice as wary of coming back!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb