some apps not available that should be?

mattpat

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Can someone else with a 620 see if the Engadget app is available for download (the proper one from AOL) ?

Engadget | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

For some reason it gives me "Your phone doesn't meet the minimum requirements needed to run this app." Yet the Lumia 620 fits the list of requirements so should be fine. I'm wondering whether its just the ROM that I have put on it that is somehow preventing it from being accessible.

It shows up in the store search on a colleague's Lumia 820 but is nowhere to be found on the 620 (country/region/ms-account is UK on both).

Last edited:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, this particular app isn't compatible with the 620 because the app requires 1 GB of RAM or more but the 620 only has 512 MB of RAM.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a good point plus, the app is supposed to be compatible with WP7 and WP7.5 and I don't know of any WP7.x devices with 1 GB of RAM or more. Anyway, the error message I got when trying to install to a 620 was "This app requires 1 GB of RAM or more etc".

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Xpress, is even available for Nokia Asha series, but not Nokia Lumia 620!!

Seems that it needs 1GB RAM for WP8 Devices, don't know why...

justinc212

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah like my HTC Windows Phone 8S won't let me download Temple Run? Why is this? I have been waiting for a decent game for ages and now it is available I can't download it? Getting really tired of this Windows Phone -_-

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah like my HTC Windows Phone 8S won't let me download Temple Run? Why is this? I have been waiting for a decent game for ages and now it is available I can't download it? Getting really tired of this Windows Phone -_-

It's because the 8S only has 512 MB of RAM and the developers of Temple Run haven't released a version of this game that runs on WP devices with 512 MB of RAM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss