How to enable data on Lumia 620

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
On my HTC there's an app called "connection setup" which allows you to pick your network provider and it sets the various related settings.
I couldn't see an equivalent on the 620.

I think the problem is related to using a Tesco Mobile SIM.

In "Settings" -> "Mobile Network", the "Data Connection" is "On".
The "Network selection" at the bottom is set to "automatic".

Any ideas please?

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If you have mobile data turned on than data is enabled, the network selection does not need to be altered, but make sure you have 3g selected in mobile data settings
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but that's not the case.
I've just switched to Tesco Mobile and when I put their SIM in my HTC the data wasn't working.
I ran the HTC Connection Setup app and it was then enabled.

I'm asking here as my dad has bought an O2 Nokia 620 and he's also using a Tesco Mobile SIM.
Unfortunately his phone doesn't appear to come with the "Network Setup" app which is mentioned in the "How to manually set up internet and MMS" guide on the Tesco site: http://simulator.tesco.wdsserve.com/vdevice-tesco/actions/device/nokia_lumia_610 (they don't do the 620 yet)

Is it the APN that needs setting? Is there any other way to set that on a Lumia?

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.
He popped into his local Tesco Mobile shop today and after "Access Point Activate" he's now got data.

Rosman Razali

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi..

im still blur using this phone..got problem about data access..my credit always zero due to unwanted internet connection. how to disabled the data access?

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi..

im still blur using this phone..got problem about data access..my credit always zero due to unwanted internet connection. how to disabled the data access?

Go into settings/ mobile network and disable mobile data.

This will stop programs that need to connect yo the internet
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs