Telus 620 - Internet Sharing option missing

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with a 620 on Telus (in Canada)? Helped a friend (he's not very tech savvy) purchase a Lumia 620 on Telus with a voice and data plan. Fantastic phone for the price. However, for whatever reason Internet Sharing option isn't showing up in settings. According to all Telus and Nokia documentation, it should be available. Phoned Telus, they told me it was a Nokia issue and to call Nokia. Called Nokia, they told me it was a carrier issue and to call Telus. :confused:

Going to call Telus AGAIN but before I waste much more time I thought I'd ask on this forum in case anyone else has the 620 from Telus and could share any insight.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the Telus 620 and internet sharing is the fourth option in the settings list. I am going to put my Rogers ism in to see if it works. Edit: it works on Rogers when unlocked...awesome!

Last edited:

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Fixed it. Turns out they transferred the SIM from his old Koodo phone (same company as Telus) which was from a voice only data plan, plan and somehow that must have disabled the option. Tried lots of things tonight, finally installed the access point app, went into it and clicked on Telus, and boom, Internet Sharing suddenly appeared in Settings. :)

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Is the Telus 620 locked?
What colours does it come in? Are they selling shells and if so how much?

Pretty disappointed with the total lack of marketing from Nokia/MS Canada and from Telus/Bell/Rogers with WP8 devices in general...

The 620 is an awesome deal...probably the best phone for the price in the country yet most people will not have heard about it...

They are pushing the **** out of the BB Z10 which to me, is pretty expensive for what it is and the OS is very confusing for people just coming into the smartphone world...

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure its locked. Might be unlockable, canadagsm.ca claims they can provide unlock codes (of course you can never be sure until you actually have it unlocked). You can buy them online (ebay etc) unlocked for under $300 too.

Telus model is black, but comes with a white shell as well at no extra cost. No clue if they have other shells available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium