Anyone using 620 on T-Mobile?

Carlo Beltran

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been contemplating the same. My area has 1900 band and as well as other areas in the US are being re-farmed on the 1900 band that this phone can use. Setting up the internet/mms shouldn't be a pain, I think.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am.. Have been using,it for the last couple of days. It works great and since i live in a refarmed area i get HSPA+.. You will likely get Edge in most areas but the phone is also capable of getting HSPA and HSPA+. Hope it helps. If you have questions just ask me...

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I will probably just wait for the 521, since it's made for T-Mobile specifically. I just like the styling of the 620 and it gets great reviews. thanks!

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I will probably just wait for the 521, since it's made for T-Mobile specifically. I just like the styling of the 620 and it gets great reviews. thanks!

I will buy a 521 as well if its less than $250 which should be.. But i remind you that the 620 has all the goodies like FFC and NFC those are the reasons why i bought it. However, if it doesn't matter to you the 521 will be perfect.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Price range for the 521 should be from $175 to $199. I have to wait until T-Mobile and MetroPCS merge to pick up a WP8 handset, and I'm looking at that 521.

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I am.. Have been using,it for the last couple of days. It works great and since i live in a refarmed area i get HSPA+.. You will likely get Edge in most areas but the phone is also capable of getting HSPA and HSPA+. Hope it helps. If you have questions just ask me...

I'm not tech-savvy to know what HSPA/HSPA+ means :-( Is that the equivalent of 4G? I definitely know what EDGE is, and I'd rather not have that. I live in a big city, does that help my chances of getting fast speeds?

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I will buy a 521 as well if its less than $250 which should be.. But i remind you that the 620 has all the goodies like FFC and NFC those are the reasons why i bought it. However, if it doesn't matter to you the 521 will be perfect.

The FFC would be a nice feature, as would the flash on rear-facing-camera. I have no idea what I'd use NFC for, but then again, I'm not tech-savvy.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
It's 4G lite. It allows for a speed up to 21 for HSPA, 42 MBPS for +, whereas LTE would be much faster, in theory. Check T-Mobile's website to see if your city has HSPA/+.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
So until T-Mo USA refarms everything, we'll just get 2G (Edge) connections? I just got my Lumia 620 tonight and was so sad to see the "E" on my network connection icon. :(

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Assuming they will refarm in your area. I read that 15,000 out of the 35,000 T-MO 2G towers will be kept for voice/data, so you may be SOL with a refarm.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
So until T-Mo USA refarms everything, we'll just get 2G (Edge) connections? I just got my Lumia 620 tonight and was so sad to see the "E" on my network connection icon. :(

Sadly, yes.. Well you can still use WiFi around or change your carrier to an AT&T mvno though i don't recommend it. I have had them and had so much trouble with them..

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Assuming they will refarm in your area. I read that 15,000 out of the 35,000 T-MO 2G towers will be kept for voice/data, so you may be SOL with a refarm.

I called my local T-Mobile store last night and spoke to a fellow. He said the St. Louis area is to have its refarming finished by the end of this month. Sweet! I'll just stick with my Lumia 710 until then.

Sadly, yes.. Well you can still use WiFi around or change your carrier to an AT&T mvno though i don't recommend it. I have had them and had so much trouble with them..

I was thinking of going to Straight Talk and getting an AT&T-compatible SIM from them to get 3G speeds. But based on your comment I'll just wait until refarming is done with T-Mobile.

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
If there are all these issues with potential slow speeds w/ T-Mobile, why are so many unlocked 620's being sold on Expansys? For AT&T? People from outside the US?

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It's been a while since this thread was started, has anyone had the chance to use the the 620 on T-Mobile? Any issues? How are the speeds? T-Mobile is getting the 521 but I think the 620 has better specs. I've got the 810 but I'm looking to get the 620 for my brother. Thanks in advance!

Cadet Christmas

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It's been a while since this thread was started, has anyone had the chance to use the the 620 on T-Mobile? Any issues? How are the speeds? T-Mobile is getting the 521 but I think the 620 has better specs. I've got the 810 but I'm looking to get the 620 for my brother. Thanks in advance!

Hey there.!

Ive had a 620 on T-Mobile for a few weeks now and everything is pretty dang smooth and awesome. I live in Minnesota near the metro area and im getting 3G or H+ speeds most of the time. It will occasionally dip down to "E" or Edge and I've had a few slow speed problems, but its barely noticeable. this depends on where you live, so check out the coverage if you need to!

Lumia 620 is a FANTASTIC phone. I've already made a few friends jealous haha. Runs fast, no bugs, just waiting on that 1308 update still. Need to nuke that Other Storage

Everything else though?? Perfect. No dropped calls and I get better service than my old dumbphones! I'm happy as a clam with T-Mobile and the 620 :) if you have any more specific questions, fire away!

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response! I'm probably going to go ahead and get one then. Everyone in the family has a Nokia Windows Phone or a Windows Phone they eventually want to switch over to a Nokia Windows Phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo