Net10 data and mms settings refuse to work

Iron Eagle

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

My friend recently bought the Lumia 620 off of expansys and she loves the phone. The only problem is, she has had no data and picture messaging for over a week of owning the phone. We have literally tried everything to no avail and have not gotten even a slight bit of progress. We have tried multiple apn entires and all types of settings and nothing works.

This is all on Net10 and she has great service everywhere she goes with the att variant of the sim card inside. I personally own a Lumia 920 on At&t so i never had to go through this hassle like she has.

Currently, these are her settings in access point in the settings menu

Internet APN settings...
Access point name = wap.tracfone
Username = Net10
Password = blank
Proxy address = blank
Proxy port = blank
Network type = IPv4
Authentication type = none

MMS APN settings...
MMS access point name = wap.tracfone
Username = Net10
Password = blank
Proxy address = 66.209.11.32
Proxy port = 80
MMSC address = http://mmsc.cingular.com
Network type = IPv4
Authentication type = none

On that menu there were others listed like At&t 3g and LTE #1 and LTE #2 and those didn't even work at all.

Is there something we are missing? It's an unbranded/unlocked 620 so we would think this is a no brainer and easy to configure but it isn't.

Also, under cellular, it's set up as no data roaming, set to 3g and the connection type is set to automatic, if that makes any difference, let me know.

I have looked EVERYWHERE for an answer and I haven't been able to get one.

So, thanks in advance for anyone that helps her and I in this little endeavor because she really wants this to work! :excited:

Iron Eagle

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll have her give that a try, it's hard to communicate with her because she has no idea about this stuff so she's clueless on how to set it up without me. We have not tried that variant yet if my memory serves right. If there are more to try, I welcome them!

Also, what is the mms apn? att.mvno as well?

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
From the Net10 support website it looks like you are using settings for the T-Mobile SIM. Here's what they have for the AT&T SIM:

Field Settings
------------------------------
Name net10
APN tfdata
MMSC http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port 80

By 'Name' I guess they mean 'username'. The MMS and data APNs should be the same. Leave the data proxy blank and use IPv4. Give that a try.

crystal 1

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I just bought an unlocked Samsung Focus 2 for my daughter. I was able to figure out how to change the APN settings but can's seem to get them set right. Using AT@T net10 sim I was able to get mms working but not the data and vice versa. They won't work at the same time. If anyone can help I would be very greatful. These are my current settings with mms working but no data(internet/apps)
internet_line
APN name net10
Profile category internet(always on)
APN att.mvno
everything else blank

mms_line
APN name net10
Profile category mms
MMSC http://mms-tf.net
APN tfdata
Proxy address mms3.tracfone.com
proxy port 80

kelly larrieu

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
out of all the threads to get my lumia 920 working. on the net10 network.... took me a few hours but i have everything working.here are my settings i am using for unlimited everything.....
internet apn
apn: tfdata

everything else blank and save at the bottom

mms apn settings:

user name: blank
password: blank
wap gateway (url): mms3.tracfone.com
wap gateway port: 80
MMSC(URL):http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port: 80
maximum size: blank

this is odd to me because none of the two same settings would work for me.. i saw one post where someone had enter these internet settings in for a moto photon phone and it worked for my phone but then the mms would not work. then i saw where some others used tf.data instead of att. or sap.tracfone for their regular none smartphones.. so i decided to give it a try and it worked....i guess it would since my internet and my mms both are using tfdata for both apn's.

nerdchanic

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So i was able to get mms and internet working on my lumia 920 with net 10 here is what i had to do, first i tried doing what people posted talking about you not needing an unlock for these settigs to work thats...not true i had to unlock my lumia 920, i called att had them unlock my phone, then i installed access point trough a link that i found on a forum then entered the following info
USER: NET10
APN: ATT.MVNO
PROXY: PROXY.MVNO.TRACFONE.COM
PROXY PORT:80

MMS SETTINGS ARE THE FOLLOWING
APN:ATT.MVNO
WAP: 66.209.11.33
WAP PO: 80
MMSC URL: HTTP://MMSC.CINGULAR.COM
MMSC P : 80

HERE IS THE LINK TO INSTALL ACCESS POINT access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

CREATE A NEW APN THEN ENTER THE INFO
ENJOY :)

Coastal Sunbelt

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Para todos aquellos con problemas de MMS o Internet en NET10 i just found the solutions,.. really great signal ATT bands with low price

Hi guys here is the configuration that works for me after several hours ... ..

Name: Net10
APN : tfdata
APN type: default,mms,supl,wap
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net/
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6

I TESTED RIGHT NOW AND I WAS ABLE TO SEND AND RECEIVE

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Net10 has like 3 different servers. They're really a hit or miss. Its weird. Some apns work on certain devices, but not on others.

Simba_P

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Kelly, you are an absolute legend! i tried everything from all sorts of forums before this worked for my Lumia 920

out of all the threads to get my lumia 920 working. on the net10 network.... took me a few hours but i have everything working.here are my settings i am using for unlimited everything.....
internet apn

everything else blank and save at the bottom

mms apn settings:

user name: blank
password: blank
wap gateway (url): mms3.tracfone.com
wap gateway port: 80
MMSC(URL):http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port: 80
maximum size: blank

this is odd to me because none of the two same settings would work for me.. i saw one post where someone had enter these internet settings in for a moto photon phone and it worked for my phone but then the mms would not work. then i saw where some others used tf.data instead of att. or sap.tracfone for their regular none smartphones.. so i decided to give it a try and it worked....i guess it would since my internet and my mms both are using tfdata for both apn's.

DeWayne Gates

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I have a nokia lumia 800 with the net10 ATT sim card in it and I cannot get picture messaging to work at all and do not have all the options to enter data. I downloaded the network setup app and these are the only options I have:
Internet APN settings...
Access point name
Proxy address
Proxy port
Username
Password

MMS APN settings...
MMS access point name
Proxy Address
Proxy Port
Username
Password
MMSC address
I have gotten the internet/data to work by using the default ATT LTE 1/2 Lumia network options that came with the app but cannot get picture messaging to work with either of those or entering the info already provided here already. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Jaime Webster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Kelly, Thank You so much!!! After days of working on this and calling ST like a crazy mad person I got nothing accomplished. I came across this post and put in just as you stated and Oh My Goodness, PTL (Praise The Lord) it all works!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! :winktongue:

Terry Carter

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
If you use NET10 with your windows phone (or a Samsung S4) here are the NEW APN settings. Net 10 has changed them in the last few weeks. They changed mine today. It took me over 4 hours to figure this out. DO NOT CALL Net 10 customer support they are too stupid to help anyone. If their prices was not 1/2 the price of At&t i would not use them. Well here is the APN settings that will make your internet & your MMS settings work:
Lets start with the internet first:
(name) (must be LARGE letters) NET10
APN = tfdata (must be small letters)
that is it, do not add or post anything else in your internet APN settings!

Now lets do the MMS settings:
name (must be all Large letters) NET10
category= MMS
MMSC= http://mms-tf.net
APN= tfdata
Proxy address = (must be in small letters) mms3.tracfone.com
Proxy domain = mms-tf.net
Proxy Port = 80

Ok like i said i spent over 4 hours trying to figure out these "New" Apn settings for Net10. I hope this will save you some time! Like i said Please do not waste your time calling NET10 they are complete idiots when it comes to this!! Have a great day!!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster