Why is Lumia 620 so satisfying?

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
So or you're a bad user or your phone not good.
My wife's 620 goes to three days battery usage without charger!

So. the conclusion is that it is a good smartphone for doing non smart thing(I mean calling chatting which a basic or feature phone can do that).

and how am I a bad user ? Phone got only 1300mAh battery man and I already said I love to browse Internet.
If browsing internet is a bad thing then I am a bad user.

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So. the conclusion is that it is a good smartphone for doing non smart thing(I mean calling chatting which a basic of feature phone can do that).
I have the mobile internet on since yesterday and there have been 18 hours since last charge and I still have a lot of battery left. When did you get your phone? Every charge cycle seems to improve the battery life

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the mobile internet on since yesterday and there have been 18 hours since last charge and I still have a lot of battery left. When did you get your phone? Every charge cycle seems to improve the battery life

I use 3G internet and I am using this phone more than 3 weeks.

Have to tried Luck Fishing game, my phone ran out of juice within 2 hrs if I use play this game or browse internet(3G).

Are you also using 3G internet?
If yes how much battery drain if you browse internet for an hour.
So, that I can confirm that there may be battery problem.

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am on 3G yes. It really depends. I usually visit 5-6 websites and read some news. I cannot say how much time exactly i spent but I do not find the phone draining so much battery while browsing. I also use twitter a lot. I can say that it drains much more battery if I use kik messenger. I always turn off mobile internet if I am going to play a game. I think it helps a little bit.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The thing is with patient, me and my wife don't have 3G when not using it. We carefully switch to use as we need. When in WiFi range desactivate 3G and data. Plus you gotta check in settings apps fr the apps that u allow to run in background, couse some no need to be activated. You really need a bit twink to get your phone setup for your use.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Well friends!
I read all tips about improving battery backup(Wifi off, Data connection off,3G off,Location off,Low brightness etc) and I also make sure nothing is running in background.

Normally when I am in home I use WIFI but while traveling I use 3G internet.

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well friends!
I read all tips about improving battery backup(Wifi off, Data connection off,3G off,Location off,Low brightness etc) and I also make sure nothing is running in background.

Mind you that some apps might drain the battery fast. Whatsapp is one example. I think you should pay attention to your apps and see if some of them drain your battery more.

stui83

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
It's a little bit harder to press the 'wake' / 'power' button than the other buttons. The rubber button must allow more throw before engaging the switch or some resistance must be built into the button. Either way, I like it because my last phone had a power button that couldn't help itself but engage. I used to turn it off, put it in my pocket and then it would turn back on again!

It's a little thing, but I just think Nokia has shown practical attention to detail. Plus it will save battery.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I chat very less, messaging,whatsapp,facebook etc apps no use for me.

I already stop playing games thanks to this phone battery back-up..

stui83

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Well friends!

The tips will help. Another thing I have noticed is that the 'skype' app seems to impact the battery life. If I'm keeping 3G on all day then I get one day battery life. If I only turn on 3G when I need it I get at least two days battery life. There is an app called 'connectivity shortcuts', it enables you to create live tiles that will take you straight to your cellular and wifi settings, quite handy for batter management.

Look, the fact is 3G and notifications will chew up battery because your phone is always working rather than truly being on standby. This is the case for any OS. The 620 brings allot to the table, its a versatile phone, but versatility always comes with some compromise, in this case the weight/price/battery balance.

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The tips will help. Another thing I have noticed is that the 'skype' app seems to impact the battery life. If I'm keeping 3G on all day then I get one day battery life. If I only turn on 3G when I need it I get at least two days battery life. There is an app called 'connectivity shortcuts', it enables you to create live tiles that will take you straight to your cellular and wifi settings, quite handy for batter management.

Look, the fact is 3G and notifications will chew up battery because your phone is always working rather than truly being on standby. This is the case for any OS. The 620 brings allot to the table, its a versatile phone, but versatility always comes with some compromise, in this case the weight/price/battery balance.
Before the update skype was draining my battery. After the latest update is fine. I do not find that it drains my battery. Have you updated it?

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
@migueli2---I don't want another 1300mAh battery(unless current one is defected) . I asked Nokia Care about more mAh battery(like1500mAh,2000mAh). and according to Nokia care only BL-4J 1300 mAh battery is compatible with Nokia Lumia 620..

@stui83 --- I already using 'connectivity shortcuts' from last 2 weeks and I always on 2G and off my data connection. I only use 3G when I browse internet. I am not using skype.

@steve200_200 ----- I seriously hope that it is defective battery but I get more than 1 day battery back-up if I do not browse internet.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Apart from the battery that could've been better and supporting more games, this is just a complete steal! I paid for the price of MYR699 and I get something that I thought should worth around MYR1200! The feel, the smoothness, fluidity, quality and functions just blew the **** out of my mind. I know a lot of people have been complaining a lot about the battery but even with heavy use, 3G and all I can still take it to last 15-24 hours without a problem. I'm very satisfied, the best phone I've ever owned!

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
What makes Nokia stand out among the rest is that the apps are all useful. They meet the demands of the every individual. It's great to know that other companies are partnering with Nokia to provide consumers the best mobile phone experience. My Lumia 620 is a head-turner.. :):love:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)