Why is Lumia 620 so satisfying?

stui83

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I've just sold my Sammy GS3 and bought a lime green lumia 620 and I am struggling to come to terms with how neat this phone is considering the measly price I paid.

Do you think Nokia has been too generous with this phone or have they found the perfect combination of specs and design for the average phone user? Maybe leverage from WP8? I've had a HTC Mozart for a while and it never prompted me to write a post like this.

I'm thinking the key elements that make this phone are :

- High PPI
- Shell Design / feel
- Clear Black display
- Improved keyboard (global WP8 feature)
- Nokia Exclusive Apps
- Size
- Anti accidental wake button
- Competence over the OS

Anyone else blown away by other features?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think the Lumia 620 is satisfying because of its design. I should know beacuse when I saw the lime green 620, I knew I was going to buy it.
Well, especially the design of the phone.

Also, did you deem the S3 too big? Since, I read "size" as one of the factors.

stui83

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I think as a phone the gs3 is a bit big, as an internet and productivity device its a bit small. I compare the Lumia 620 to a phone of yesteryear and there ain't much difference. So as a phone the 620 is a great size, as a internet and production device it doesn't trail too far behind the sgs3. Snappy pinch to zoom, ie10 and the new keyboard help the small screen users in wp8.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Friends have seen my 620 and are always amazed when i tell them the price. Its alot to do with how fluid windows phone 8 works compared to their Android phone.
The one nightmare for me is quite alot of the latest games need 1gb grrrrrrrrr......

jeffinthomas1

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 820 but I am always tempted to buy a 620, don't know why. This started when I bought a 620 for my girlfriend. Later on I asked her to exchange her 620 with my 820 but she won't give it to me. So I think I will buy a 620 sooner or later. That phone just gets me.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this phone is great. I'm still using my Lumia 710, but that's only because T-Mobile USA doesn't yet have the right frequency bands I need for the 620. Thankfully, T-Mo is upgrading their network and my area will be done by end of March. At that time I will move everything to the 620.

In the mean time I use mine at home on WiFi all the time. It's a superb phone and a very good upgrade over the Lumia 710.

The 620 is much faster than the 710 in terms of launching apps, WiFi speeds, and general use. I enjoy having the power button on the side of the 620, rather than the top on the 710. It's much more natural that way. The external speaker is much louder and more clear than the 710. And the screen is great! The colors are much better on the 620's screen. Capacitive buttons are quite an improvement from the 710's physical buttons. Though I truly despise the vibration every time I hit Back or Home. (I know that's part of WP8, not Nokia's fault.)

The case was a little tough for me to open. I was scared of breaking the case, screen, or the little camera/flash bump on the back of the phone. After a while I got the hang of it and I think I'll manage to change cases fairly easily in the future. The phone does feel sturdy, I can't hear or feel any loose items or creaking plastic. It's an even better fit for my hand than the 710...and I didn't think that would be possible.

Battery life on WiFi is superb. I didn't charge it at all this weekend and I used it a lot. I wonder if this will change when I use it as my primary phone.

groovecain

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Solid minimalist design with nokia exclusive and awesome performance on this little device is killing , that's why i choose L620 , very satisfied with this phone :D

Petlaw99

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Have to agree. Having downsized from a 920 to an 820 then 620, The 620 hits most of the buttons for a sweet spot. The 920 with a lightweight case is 205g, and pocket tearingly heavy, plus it has no removable battery or SD Card. The 820 is better, but the charging case adds 25g making it 185g, the same weight as a bare 920, but at least it has the removable battery and SD card plus a flat screen that can take a normal screen protector. It's screen is a little grainy though. The 620's smaller screen copes with the 800 x 480 pixel display better, and it sits in your pocket without you knowing about it as it is realistically light. C'mon Nokia, get the lead out!

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes,I am too I love mine & have even dropped it twice on hard floor face down and not a single mark,scratch or dent on it. It kinda just feels right in every way this phone.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i agree...i just looove my Lumia 620!! i think Nokia achieved a great hardware/design/software balance here, and that's why it feels so good having a 620 XD

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife just got this as a replacement for a busted L800 and she loves it. And its cheap so I don't feel bad about replacing it whenever she breaks it.

eLseStudio

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My colleagues (who own Nexus 4, GSIII or even Lumia 920) still occasionally came to my desk and hold my phone, say "This phone felt just right in hand". A few times, they still do it.

Chrysogonus_Lie

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. Still in the middle of tweaking it, but the phone is surprisingly light, despite the bulky look. It feels lighter than my previous iPhone 3GS.

Smooth interface, sleek transition, and cheap!

beatph

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I love my lumia 620! Solid, beautiful build quality for such a good price :)
I ditched my android for this, and I don't see myself going back to that inefficient OS!

stui83

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
It seems the design and value are key strengths mentioned here. Wp8 is a very premium feeling OS and nokias apps are actually useful. I haven't dropped mine yet but its good to hear there is some old school Nokia durability built into it. What's the chances of this phone getting traction? Should Nokia be pushing it harder? I haven't seen anyone with one, and staff in mobile phone stores have asked me "what phone is that?" so it seems like a geek hit at this stage... Anyone witnessed adoption of the Lumia 620 at schools and universities? Seems like it could take off there...

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I love mines as well, recently took it to Florida(posted mini review here) and love it even more after what I saw.. Going to order a extended battery though.. Some days i need more juice.. Besides that I love it!! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon