Light leak on L620

beatph

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I've had my Lumia 620 for a good 2 weeks now, and its been great.
One thing is bugging me though, which I noticed just yesterday. I used it in a dark room and saw that the upper left of the screen was a bit lighter than the rest. It's only noticeable with a black background on. I tilted the screen to check for light leaks, and there seemed to be none(light distribution seemed consistent) - unlike my htc 8s where patches of light around the bottom are apparent.

Now I'm not sure if this is indeed a light leak, because i can't see it from the sides, but I'm OCD this way, and would like to confirm whether or not it is. I contemplating on heading to the nokia store but its a half hour's drive. Have any of you experienced this?
Try it by going in a dark room. Throw a black background in your phone and check for inconsistencies in shade. Thanks guys.

dzibo

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
You're right, I notice that on my L620 too, but for me it's not such a big fault. As you noticed it's not something what affect your everyday use and it doesn't bother me at all. Unfortunately I can't say that for Whats up app, which I use frequently

leonkehoe

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
It's called 'backlight bleed' and nearly all screens experience it to some extent. I had it particularly bad on my HTC One X so I sent it away for repair. In my case they did consider it bad enough to class as a fault and repaired it.

beatph

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. Does backlight bleeding get worse over time, or does it stay constant? Though mine isn't a bad case, i'm now concerned that the bleeding may develop.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. Does backlight bleeding get worse over time, or does it stay constant? Though mine isn't a bad case, i'm now concerned that the bleeding may develop.

It should stay constant. I have pretty bad light bleed in the upper-left corner as well.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I got this on mine in same spot but is hardly bothersome. Maybe was an early batch like this but mostly LCD's suffer from this sometimes. I also noticed same thing when I had a Lumia 710

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12