Lumia 620 (Florida Experience)

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
This past week, I went to Florida with my family and tested all the capabilities of the Lumia 620. Here are some conclusions that I have made after my trip.

The 620's battery is insufficient for long trips. However, it lasted most of the time that i used it only having to charge it twice per day. If you are going to travel you should have a spare battery to replace it and make it through the day easily.

Nokia's apps are an AMAZING addition to the platform. I downloaded some mixes for offline usage with Nokia music and they saved me because T-mobile's speeds in NC,SC, GA, and Northern Florida using the 620 were horrendous. The mixes provided me a way to listen music while driving (10 hours from Silver Spring,MD). I also used Here drive and Here maps, of course, to get directions more accurately. The GPS worked amazingly, it didn't lose the signal at all. Another app that I used was Here city lens when I was visiting Orlando.. I discovered some good places to eat and have a little of fun during the night. In addition to these ones the lens app (e.g Cinemagraph, Smartshoot, Sophie Lens) were very useful as well, mostly for fun,..

Now on the coverage side, the Lumia 620 had coverage all the time, but the speeds were fluctuating in between Edge and G ( I assume that this is GPRS or the slowest type of data, it was just frustrating) until I got to Orlando where I was able to receive HSPA+ (4G) signal from the refarmed area.

Lastly, the Lumia's 620 camera was outstanding. I was expecting less from a 5MP camera, to this point I haven't had taken those many pictures with my 620, but overall the shots were beautiful at least in my non-expert opinion.

The Lumia 620 is a truly beautiful device from a hardware point of view and WP8 just compliments it an makes it even more beautiful. I am very proud to own this device which didnt disappoint me at all during my trip (save for battery life and speeds, though the latter is T-mobile's fault). If you have a question about a specific part of the 620 just ask me..

Cheers :).

Beacio_mo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for sharing your experience! I had a few questions for you:

1. You mentioned the battery was insufficient for all day traveling usage. How long did it last in your case? From 8am-3pm with constant usage or longer? Approximation is fine.

2. How was the 620's screen size for Nokia Drive?

Thanks!

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for sharing your experience! I had a few questions for you:

1. You mentioned the battery was insufficient for all day traveling usage. How long did it last in your case? From 8am-3pm with constant usage or longer? Approximation is fine.

2. How was the 620's screen size for Nokia Drive?

Thanks!

1. It lasted around 8 hours most of the time with constant usage (emails, text, not a lot of calls, vacation that's why, some web usage, edge is too slow, Nokia music and wpcentral forums talks).. Of course when it got to 25% or less battery saver mode was enabled, at that point i used it a little less in order to get an extra half-hour-hour. However for very long periods of constant usage like 10-12 hours the 620 will not make it through..

2. It was just fine, it displayed everything correctly (map, arrow, speed,street) .. I am very used to small screens so I didn't have any inconvenience with the size. However, if you are used to a bigger screen like 4.5-more inches it will look very small for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon