How to install .xap file to windows phone 8?

Shreyas Padhye

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Nokia Lumia 620 with wp8. I wanted to install few .xap files that I had downloaded from my pc. While some worked like wikipedia and all. But apps like Plants vs. Zombies didn't show up in sd card list in the app store. :cry:

I don't know if there is a similar thread on this forum, though I searched thoroughly, if there is, link please. Or advice! Thanks in advance.

Also one more query which is not mentioned in the title, are there are any mods and stuff like cyanogen mod for Android for wp8? If yes, Link for those too. Please!

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can only install apps from the store via SD card, for the rest you need a dev account to deploy custom apps. If PvZ didn't show up, reboot and see if it's there. If it's a cracked version from the web, it won't work..

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Yah you don't want to be installing cracked or stolen software into your device. Aside from the moral implications you could install something that will mess up your device. There are lots of good xap apps around shared by developers that are free to install but you would have to be a developer to get the side load software and you would have to developer unlock your phone. My phone is developer unlocked and I get xap's from developers for testing all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb