Call dropped problem in lumia 620

Suren Surrendra

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I purchased Lumia 620 on 27th mar and from very next day i observed that Calls are getting dropped very frequently. Talked to the shop keeper and he suggests me to go for Nokia care. How fair is it that a brand new phone should be taken to servicing centre for no misuse on my part. I have also checked if there are any software updates available, but it shows your phone is up to date.

I am on Vodafone n/w

Is anyone else facing problem like this?

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on my 820 initially, i too use vodafone, i realised the call drops were caused when the phone's highest connection speed was set to 3G, i used headphones and observed the changes in network strength, the 3G would suddenly drop the strength & call dropped, phone would switch back to 2G.
So i now keep my highest connection speed to 2G, and no call drops ever!!(until the other side was on mtnl mobile network)
& improved battery life on standby too.
Also my old symbian phones all worked with Vodafone 3G all the time and never a call was dropped! It seems Lumia's can't work with as low strengths as symbian phones worked. <Sigh>
Also i really miss the option of locking the network on 3G only, like i used to do in my symbian devices.

I purchased Lumia 620 on 27th mar and from very next day i observed that Calls are getting dropped very frequently. Talked to the shop keeper and he suggests me to go for Nokia care. How fair is it that a brand new phone should be taken to servicing centre for no misuse on my part. I have also checked if there are any software updates available, but it shows your phone is up to date.

I am on Vodafone n/w

Is anyone else facing problem like this?

Kenneth Atkins

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi ive got a lumia 620 and soon as it started dropping call and found i had very weak signal and sometimes no signal i to am with vodafpone first they told me to get a new sim card this did'nt work then after longchat on there chat line was told to go to 2g and not use 3g and got to say it is now working ok but seems a backward step

Zornbold

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
You will probably need to get used to it. Lumias use Qualcomm modems, which are known to have problems with call drops. If you want better call drop performance, go for Intel modems.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You will probably need to get used to it. Lumias use Qualcomm modems, which are known to have problems with call drops. If you want better call drop performance, go for Intel modems.

Lol did you just made that up? Everyone would be raging if Qualcomm modems are that bad. Never had any drop calls here with Lumia 920.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

What? The Qualcomm is like one of the best. I've owned lots of different phones, many of them had Qualcomms in them. No problem with dropped calls.

Intel makes modems? Anyway, Intel is only starting to get into the mobile market. Windows Phones only run on ARM for the time being. So do most Android phones.

Zornbold

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Intel modems are e.g. in the Samsung Galaxy S series. Do not confuse modems with application processors like Atom. Intel offers both, but in most phones, only the modem is from Intel but the application processor is not. That is only now becoming more common.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Intel modems are e.g. in the Samsung Galaxy S series. Do not confuse modems with application processors like Atom. Intel offers both, but in most phones, only the modem is from Intel but the application processor is not. That is only now becoming more common.

I'm not confusing modems with processors, I just never knew Intel made modems and sold it separately. I had thought that if they made a modem they included it in their mobile phone chipset.

HELEN FERGUSON

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I have just started getting this problem too. Dropped calls after owning phone without major probs since July 2013. Very aggravating. Phones4U suggested factory reset, but not keen. Tried switching to 2G as suggested in this forum and this is working fine. Seems quite bizarre.
2G hopeless for downloading Kindle content though, need to switch back to 3G for this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99