Double or triple images in Photos.

Wahnsinn

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I have this strange problem with my Nokia Lumia 620 which i have been trying to solve for several day now. Im trying to move my pictures from my old phone to L620 but everytime i get 2 or 3 copies of most of the images to Lumias Photos-app. When deleting one of them, all copies disappears. I allready updated my PC's USB drivers like said in Nokias homepage, and ive tried this both with direct USB connect and with Windows Phone software - just the same case allways. Could this be because of lack of some photo-format support in WP8? All of my old photos are just normal JPG's... I got so frustrated with this allready i tried to return my phone, but they refused to take it back. Does anyone else have this same problem, how can this be solved. Thanks. :)

pbroy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
You can always upload your stuff to SkyDrive. Then it'll be in your SkyDrive folder in photos. There might be a firmware update that fixes your problem. Use Nokia Software Updater for Retail to check. Forcing a firmware update will delete everything on your phone, FYI.

crisszac

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Nokia Lumia 520. Double images in the camera roll album and all other albums with the exception of the Sample Photos album that is displayed correctly.

Any ideas how to fix this?

RoccoH

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you save them on the phone or on an SD-card?

I also had the same issue, some pictures even had 13 thumbs! I believe it is caused by incorrect indexing of Windows Phone, understood that it can also happen with your music files. Also suspect it has got to do with using the windows-phone App (to move stuff between your phone and PC).

My solution (which worked for me):
  • remove SD (goto settings - phone storage - SD card - Remove SD card)
  • on your PC, backup all file folders from SD to your PC (please note that hidden file folders are visible)
  • on the SD, delete the WPSystem (hidden) folder
  • put the SD-card back into your phone
  • Goto your photo's folder on your phone. A new indexing file will now be generated by your phone, without duplicate images

Adjie Purbojati

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

I also had the same issue, some pictures even had 13 thumbs! I believe it is caused by incorrect indexing of Windows Phone, understood that it can also happen with your music files. Also suspect it has got to do with using the windows-phone App (to move stuff between your phone and PC).

• on your PC, backup all file folders from SD to your PC (please note that hidden file folders are visible)
  • Goto your photo's folder on your phone. A new indexing file will now be generated by your phone, without duplicate images

oh.. your trick can't i use

John Danson

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here both Photo's and Music. my solution

1. remove SD card (goto settings - phone storage - SD card - Remove SD card)
2. Put Card into card reader on PC and copy Music and pictures folders and contents to pc
3. Put SD card back in phone and format it (goto settings - phone storage - SD card - Format SD card)
4. remove SD card (goto settings - phone storage - SD card - Remove SD card)
5. Put Card into card reader on PC and copy Music and pictures folders and contents back to SD card
6. Make sure phone is switched off, Replace card into phone and switch back on and leave it to re-index contents 10-15 minutes

It worked on my L620 and I was upto 7 copies of pictures and tracks.. Note when copied to PC there was only one of everything.

abhishyam2007

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

I tried your way, but I cant delete the wpsystem folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett