Hi! I have this strange problem with my Nokia Lumia 620 which i have been trying to solve for several day now. Im trying to move my pictures from my old phone to L620 but everytime i get 2 or 3 copies of most of the images to Lumias Photos-app. When deleting one of them, all copies disappears. I allready updated my PC's USB drivers like said in Nokias homepage, and ive tried this both with direct USB connect and with Windows Phone software - just the same case allways. Could this be because of lack of some photo-format support in WP8? All of my old photos are just normal JPG's... I got so frustrated with this allready i tried to return my phone, but they refused to take it back. Does anyone else have this same problem, how can this be solved. Thanks. :)
    04-03-2013 07:33 AM
    Try to add/remove pictures from My computer.
    04-03-2013 10:38 AM
    You mean like drag and drop with Windows Explorer? I've allready tried... And with that Windows Phone software (desktop)
    04-03-2013 10:46 AM
    You can always upload your stuff to SkyDrive. Then it'll be in your SkyDrive folder in photos. There might be a firmware update that fixes your problem. Use Nokia Software Updater for Retail to check. Forcing a firmware update will delete everything on your phone, FYI.
    04-03-2013 11:10 AM
    You mean like drag and drop with Windows Explorer? I've allready tried... And with that Windows Phone software (desktop)
    What happens when you open a photo on your PC? Does it display the same picture if you press next?
    04-03-2013 05:33 PM
    I have the same issue on my Nokia Lumia 520. Double images in the camera roll album and all other albums with the exception of the Sample Photos album that is displayed correctly.

Any ideas how to fix this?
    08-11-2013 01:22 PM
    have the same. double pics.
    I think it started after i used the windows phone deskop app to create a music playlist?!!??
    09-27-2013 01:28 PM
    same problem here. if I delete one of them, the image will be permanently deleted. its just a "ghost" photo.
    09-28-2013 01:31 PM
    Correct. I don't wanna hard reset my hone again, just dis it 2 weeks ago
    09-28-2013 02:34 PM
    Do you save them on the phone or on an SD-card?

I also had the same issue, some pictures even had 13 thumbs! I believe it is caused by incorrect indexing of Windows Phone, understood that it can also happen with your music files. Also suspect it has got to do with using the windows-phone App (to move stuff between your phone and PC).

My solution (which worked for me):
    • remove SD (goto settings - phone storage - SD card - Remove SD card)
    • on your PC, backup all file folders from SD to your PC (please note that hidden file folders are visible)
    • on the SD, delete the WPSystem (hidden) folder
    • put the SD-card back into your phone
    • Goto your photo's folder on your phone. A new indexing file will now be generated by your phone, without duplicate images
    10-01-2013 05:36 AM
    I formatted it already(complete, not fast), didn't help.
    10-01-2013 07:29 AM

I also had the same issue, some pictures even had 13 thumbs! I believe it is caused by incorrect indexing of Windows Phone, understood that it can also happen with your music files. Also suspect it has got to do with using the windows-phone App (to move stuff between your phone and PC).

• on your PC, backup all file folders from SD to your PC (please note that hidden file folders are visible)
    • Goto your photo's folder on your phone. A new indexing file will now be generated by your phone, without duplicate images
    oh.. your trick can't i use
    11-16-2013 05:53 AM
    Same issue here both Photo's and Music. my solution

1. remove SD card (goto settings - phone storage - SD card - Remove SD card)
    2. Put Card into card reader on PC and copy Music and pictures folders and contents to pc
    3. Put SD card back in phone and format it (goto settings - phone storage - SD card - Format SD card)
    4. remove SD card (goto settings - phone storage - SD card - Remove SD card)
    5. Put Card into card reader on PC and copy Music and pictures folders and contents back to SD card
    6. Make sure phone is switched off, Replace card into phone and switch back on and leave it to re-index contents 10-15 minutes

It worked on my L620 and I was upto 7 copies of pictures and tracks.. Note when copied to PC there was only one of everything.
    11-16-2013 06:46 AM
    This is a problem of wp8 & windowsphone app this occurs usually when you copy mutiple files like 10 or more at same time.
    11-16-2013 07:58 AM
    MS cant expect to be considered same as the big boys( IOS & Android ) unless they sort these annoying issues.
    AxiK likes this.
    11-16-2013 08:03 AM

I tried your way, but I cant delete the wpsystem folder.
    01-03-2014 11:59 AM
    what I do ...................plz tell me...............
    01-24-2014 03:28 AM