Is a screen guard necessary on the Lumia 620?

yashshah7197

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.

I'll be buying a Lumia 620 within a few days.

So I'm asking all of you existing 620 users that is a screen guard necessary for this phone?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Yash Shah

mxtremex6

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I was about to buy 620...but as the phone lacks gorilla glass...screen guard is needed...try those with the matte finish..they reduce reflections and do not spoil the looks of the phone too

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was about to buy 620...but as the phone lacks gorilla glass...screen guard is needed...try those with the matte finish..they reduce reflections and do not spoil the looks of the phone too

Are you sure? I'm sure I read that that 620 does have gorilla glass, I know the 820 doesn't though.

mxtremex6

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Sure!...520 and 620 dont have gorilla..while ALL the phones above 620 have it...gorilla and carl zeis were the two main reasons for which i skipped 620, for 720.

d_abbatelli

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Got to say "yes"...
I've been very careful with the telephone (always separate pocket and so on) but still, when the screen is black, I can see some superficial micro scratches...

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
According to Corning website the 620 does have their glass. Also I have dropped my 620 flat down twice on hard floor with not a mark,dent or scratch

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I would say this depends on you. How your lifestyle is etc. I normally go for the screen guards. (Some of them are quite good and doesn't spoil the quality of the screen too much.)

balzebub

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
While it is hard to really scratch up your phone screen bad, it is easy to get hairline scratches on it, so using a screen protector is a good idea..

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
It's not a Gorilla Glass, Nokia Store told me and I didn't find any information about the Lumia 620 having that glass. However, it is a scratch-resist glass but as if I would ever believe so much into it. Haha! Since the first day, I already got a screen protector and now on my second one because I accidentally scraped my screen and scratched the protector. I recommend you to get a matte finish one because simply, less fingerprint and won't spoil the looks of your phone ;)

Rajesh_Ag

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.

I'll be buying a Lumia 620 within a few days.

So I'm asking all of you existing 620 users that is a screen guard necessary for this phone?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Yash Shah

Yes screen guard is actually required.. used this phone without a guard and cud notice hairline scratches after 2 week.. while i got it protected. bought this Molife screen guard nd while it protects from scratches but warn you about having finger prints that these screen guards attracts.. spend some extras and get a gud one..

Darsh10

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Facing probs with camera and heating of the phone near the camera disappointed meh..
Restarting the phone itself, volume problems...

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Facing probs with camera and heating of the phone near the camera disappointed meh..
Restarting the phone itself, volume problems...

after you update apps and games, the background tasks for the apps get enabled. Check your background tasks, and restart the phone. It worked for my 620.

Also, turn off your internet sharing, Bluetooth and tap+send if not in use. That should help

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
While it is hard to really scratch up your phone screen bad, it is easy to get hairline scratches on it, so using a screen protector is a good idea..
this

And also make sure to buy a good one. I personally like glossy ones over matte, it's makes photos looks better also when playing games or videos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs