Battery on Lumia 620

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I bought a Lumia 620 about a couple of weeks back. It's a good phone, decent snapper. Windows Phone 8 looks great, Luv the new UI coming from Gingerbeard Android. I do terribly miss the Apps since WP8 lacks the ecosystem. Anyway, my problem with the phone is its battery. Sorry, for the long rant below!

The battery life is simply horrible, if I just use Whatsapp on 2G, the battery drains really fast and I read that there are some issues with WhatsApp and Audio interface. The audio playback gets messed up since whatsapp takes it over(by design)?? Sincerely hope they release an update and fix the damn thing. The whole battery life lasts for 5-6 hours if I use it heavily, along with a couple of breaks otherwise it's just pathetic 3-4Hours. Been charging my phone by letting drain(to 10%~) and then fully charging. Honestly, the 1300mAh doesnt work well for a browsing session since it drains the battery so much. When there is data connectivity involved, pretty sure the battery takes alot of hit. Nokia should have fitted this with a 1500mAH battery which would be better. I have an App called Battery+ which tells me the battery discharge rate and so when I am done playing games, music, data connectivity, the discharge is as high as 8%++(depending upon what I was doing) and I have no idea how to shut all the apps, even though I have pressed the (back) button on all of them and my (Windows) dont show anything other than my home screen.

I am forced to do a soft reset so that the memory is freed of all apps and discharge rate is back to 3%(4% if battery saver is turned off). Is there any sensible suggestions to limit discharge rate or a task manager which allows me to see what is using the battery atleast? Any suggestions from your side will be extremely helpful. Thanks a million!

operauser

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
That's something new!But u can always try another great model of WP.It feels so great in hand and the cam is sooo good and it's not looking cheap and it's so solid and the live tiles are so great(when updating).BTW-u wanted a phone and u got it.Just use it!

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
indeed that's new...my battery have been working just fine and after the 1st 8-10 cycles it improved to 1 day performance!
18-22h if i use it heavily...

so i rly don't know what's wrong with your battery...maybe it's faulty?

Zornbold

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
If you are on the home screen and then go to the right, you should be able to see an alphabetical list of apps. Select settings. Here, you should see a lot of stuff that you can disable, basically where you can also select the battery saving feature. Furthermore, when in settings go right again. Here you should see a list of apps that are allowed to run in the background. Here, disable everything that uses GPS, like HERE maps or whatever.

My battery life is about one or two days of light use. I think it's not overly great but still decent.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
For all people asking whether the BL-5J is compatible with the Lumia 620, the answer is yes.
The BL-5J is essentially just a thicker BL-4J, so it fits in the battery slot.
Also, it worth noting that this battery is also used on the full-touch Ashas. That explains how I got mine.

EDIT: I don't think that high-capacity battery someone showed in the links above is a BL-5J.
The BL-5J is a 1430 mAh battery.
Besides, you'll need a way thicker case than the one supplied with a 620 just to fit that in.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys using Whatsapp? That appears to be a battery hog for two reasons, constant connection pings via data and the audio api bug. Im gonna uninstall or do a quick reset and report back my findings. I luv my l620 but un necessary battery drain is unacceptable to me. Lets hope i don't end up selling my Lumia.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
For all people asking whether the BL-5J is compatible with the Lumia 620, the answer is yes.
The BL-5J is essentially just a thicker BL-4J, so it fits in the battery slot.
Also, it worth noting that this battery is also used on the full-touch Ashas. That explains how I got mine.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. If the BL-5J is thicker than the 4J, does it still fit in the standard Lumia 620 shell, or does it need a special back plate?

EDIT: I don't think that high-capacity battery someone showed in the links above is a BL-5J.
The BL-5J is a 1430 mAh battery.
Besides, you'll need a way thicker case than the one supplied with a 620 just to fit that in.

So you are talking about the Nokia branded BL-5J (which is indeed a 1430 mAh battery). The battery linked to looks to be a third-party high capacity replacement for the BL-5J.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. If the BL-5J is thicker than the 4J, does it still fit in the standard Lumia 620 shell, or does it need a special back plate?

So you are talking about the Nokia branded BL-5J (which is indeed a 1430 mAh battery). The battery linked to looks to be a third-party high capacity replacement for the BL-5J.

The Nokia BL-5J won't need another shell. (explains why I now have 5 backup batteries from all the unused Ashas in my house)

That high-capacity replacement, however...
Good luck fitting THAT into the 620 shell

EDIT: Thanks for mentioning that. It's really hard to type on a 620.

babu vishnu

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
hey,i own a lumia 620 and am loooking forward to swapping the bl4j vit a bl5j....hav u noticed any considerable perfomance gain after swapping ur battery?also vil it anyway damage d device?

babu vishnu

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
hey wandering traveller,i hav got an asha 200 vit bl5j,so is it ok to swap the battery?hav u noticed any considerable perfomance improvemnts?will it damage d fone in any way?

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
my battery lasts up to 3 days due to light use
u just need some more time to get used to ur phone and eventually u wont use it soo much
so the battery lasts longer

fauzanade

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem too. My discharge rate in my phone is 7% if i left it idle but goes up to 15% if i use it for social network and some browsing.
Now i'll try disable some background apps and see how its work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)