Lumia 620 - Call divert time to voicemail

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a lumia 620 on Orange/EE (UK).

At the moment, the phone rings for 20 seconds before diverting to voicemail. I wish to extend this to at least 30 secs.

I contacted Orange, who gave me a "*" sequence, which I have entered and got back a "succeeded" message.
When I enter the "*" sequence to check ( *#61# ) it now tells me "forward if no reply is enabled to +44<my number> for voice after 30 seconds".

However, if I call the phone it still diverts after 20 seconds.

Now the question - When I re contacted Orange they informed me that this is a function of some phones (the lumia 620 being one) and that such divert times cannot be extended above 20 seconds as its hard coded into the phone.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? or should I be able to alter it and Orange are feeding me B***S***

Also, if anyone knows a sequence that should work, please post it here for info - thanks.

Orange gave me **61*0<my number>*11*nn# (where nn = time in seconds, 25 = 25seconds). But this just gives "There was a problem with this code".
However, I found on the www that a +44 is needed as well as the 0, so **61*+440<my number>*11*30# gives "succeeded" and when checked with the *#61# code the change seems to be confirmed, but doesn't actually work. If I call the phone its still 20 seconds.

example **61*+4407123456789*11*30# - appears to work but doesn't change anything.

Thank you..

(PS - also asked on Nokia forum)

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I'll try it when I can. But for me it goes from bad to worse :-(

Whilst speaking to "Orange Support" ( I use the term loosely ) to try to get the problem resolved, they did something wrong and totally removed my service. I can't text or call with the phone now. Apparently, I've been told, someone did something they should not have done and screwed my phones configuration on their exchanges and systems (or words to that effect).

So I'm now left using an old PAYG phone (I will be getting a rebate for the non working days apparently) and waiting for them to totally cease my phone and its records, re-provide it and then re-import my number. Why this all takes days to complete I have no idea.

Suffice to say, I couldn't recommend Orange to anyone. Indeed, personally I'd say the opposite - Keep Clear of them if you can!

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I finally got service back today, just over a week after I lost it.

It appears it was an error somewhere in their configurations, apparently. Anyway, its back running now and I can make calls again :) ( Why it took so long to find I guess I'll never know )

I think I'll just accept 20 seconds as the divert, because after another long session with support I cannot get a divert longer than 20 secs to voicemail, but I can get a longer divert to another number, say my landline.

Orange turned my network voicemail auto divert off and indeed the calls did not divert. I tried to activate a 25 or 30 second divert to it, and what happens is that after 25 or 30 seconds the call just drops. However, if I use the same code to divert to my landline, it diverts correctly.

So for now, I think I'll just have to accept a 20 second divert. Unless anyone has experience of Orange and voicemail diverts and can provide some further info - yes please and thanks in advance.

PS 'markfive' thanks for your input. whilst the codes are either rejected or apparently successful, they didn't change the divert to voicemail time on the phone. This *61*<0-land line number>*11*30# worked for a land line divert, but not to voicemail. Most odd.

Last edited:

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
If I enter the following code

*61*447123123456*11*30#

I get a Succeeded message. If I then check using *#61# I get confirmation that I will divert to +447123123456 after 30 seconds.

So you need the 44 before the voicemail number (less the 0), but not the +

Looking back, I could probably have made this clearer a bit earlier so apologies for that. No excuse for Orange buggering up your number though :smile:

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, but If I enter *61*447123123456*11*30# (using the correct divert number for my case) I get "There was a problem with this code".

However, from one of the previous code attempts I did get a "succeeded" - *61*<0-divert number>*11*30# (but no 44). When I check with *#61# it reports "Forward if no reply is enabled to +44<divert number without a 0> for voice after 30 seconds" but it still diverts on 20.

I'm guessing this is an "Orange" thing, and they need to do something to actually allow the divert to work and the three or four people I've spoken too haven't known that. Or Orange just does not let people extend the divert maybe?

Can I ask if you are on Orange? My previous phone companies (Virgin and Tesco) allowed me to change it easy enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky