Question to all Lumia 620 owners in India

Fez Ferrari

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello fellow L620ites,

I wanted to ask you a few questions:

# What is the latest firmware you're running?
# After installing an SD card (Class 10 specifically), do you notice a slight lag?
# Are you guys able to activate your free Nokia Music subscription? Mine just tries and fails everytime... there seems to be a problem with connecting to a Nokia account through phone. (even though I use a very high speed WiFi!)
# How to access the BIGFlix 3 months free movies subscription? Have you guys heard about it? (Nokia To Preload BIGFlix On Nokia Lumia 520, Lumia 620 & Lumia 720 - MediaNama)
# Any ideas about the availability of shells and their price?

krishnandusarkar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello fellow L620ites,

I wanted to ask you a few questions:

# What is the latest firmware you're running?

# After installing an SD card (Class 10 specifically), do you notice a slight lag?

Yes. There's a slight lag on Settings, Music etc.

# Are you guys able to activate your free Nokia Music subscription? Mine just tries and fails everytime... there seems to be a problem with connecting to a Nokia account through phone. (even though I use a very high speed WiFi!)

Well, I'm having no problems with it.

# How to access the BIGFlix 3 months free movies subscription? Have you guys heard about it? (Nokia To Preload BIGFlix On Nokia Lumia 520, Lumia 620 & Lumia 720 - MediaNama)

Even I was thinking that too. I think existing users will get the subscription on loading the app. (May be, not sure)

No. Tried to search it on Nokia Priority, but they don't have it. I wanted to buy Blue one, but due to unavailability of stock I went for black one and thought I'd get a shell later.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia Music subscription is working.
Using a class 4 16gb card, works well enough for music/videos.
According to local priority partner, shells would be around Rs.1000-1200.
For firmware see screenshot:
wp_ss_20130419_0001[1].png

Fez Ferrari

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia Music subscription is working.
Using a class 4 16gb card, works well enough for music/videos.
According to local priority partner, shells would be around Rs.1000-1200.
For firmware see screenshot:
View attachment 32584

Vaibhav you should check for a firmware update, as I have 1308.0001 installed (came pre-installed). And thanks for stating the price for the shells; eagerly waiting for a cyan shell. :D

Moshel Erulkar

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Do the rest of the features work properly on wifi...My lumia 620 doesn't connect to wifi, always gives error that password is wrong.....After searching the internet, i think it is because of the WEP protection. In my home network, when I removed password protection, it was working properly. Have read that it works fine with WPA/WPA2 protection..Try it out both ways, first without password.

I am looking for shells too.....had to buy a white because themobilestore stocks only white and black....and now my white shell has a slight brown color on one side (in about 21 days) because its in my pocket with my brown wallet....so need new one soon....:cry:

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine works well with WEP, no problems at all.
Shells will be available for 520/620/720/820 in first week of May, if the promise made by Nokia Priority Partner is true. (I hope it is)

Hafiz Imtiaz

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I cannot connect to my office wifi network with my Lumia 620 (1308 firmware). It doesn't even detect the network. However, my Micromax A25 can detect and connect to the network. I have tried with my wife's SE Xperia Mini Pro, and it can't detect the network as well. Can anyone suggest a solution?

chaitanya40

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello luminites,
@Hafiz : can you post what kind of wifi does your office location offer ...becoz i havent faced any issues with wifi till now :)
@All :Has anyone found solution to the missing album art issue.My lock screen is always grey while playing music.I've tried MPA Tools but it's of no use as it doesnt detect my music in albums.Unlike other countries we in india have album art based on complete album rather than artist.so i'm facing so much trouble with this..has anyone mastered this ???

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
@All :Has anyone found solution to the missing album art issue.My lock screen is always grey while playing music.I've tried MPA Tools but it's of no use as it doesnt detect my music in albums.Unlike other countries we in india have album art based on complete album rather than artist.so i'm facing so much trouble with this..has anyone mastered this ???
MPA tool works fine for me

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I used this: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
To add album art to songs and it works fine. The music+videos tiles shows a grey background with artist name, but the Nokia music tile shows the album art and song info in the double wide tile. Its just the way they are designed, not a bug.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Can any Lumia 620 owners from India help me please.
I bought a 620 for my younger brother. However it did not have the 1308 update.
I manually tried checking for the update and it says that my phone is up to date.
The storage check option is not there on the 620.
I installed the Lumia Storage Check Beta and that too does not work.
I've used the LUMIA pusher and updated all the necessary settings such as the Network, Display and Touch etc....
A hard reset and a soft reset have not helped.
Have had no such problems on my 920, it works super smooth.

chaitanya40

May 22, 2013
Visit site
@mpt15 : boss Nokia music tile always shows album art ...my problem is music+videos tile and the lockscreen while playing the music.
@Arjun : MPA Tool works fine ...but not every artist is available + I Want the movie cover as album art for all the songs of a movie ..not some random artist pics.
@Ktl88 : I recommend u go to the nokia care and ask them to upgrade to the latest firmware ...and for storage check , as far as i remember ..even my mobile didn't have it when i bought it But got an update of that in windows store and i updated ..i dont think storage check beta works ..in all the cases i would suggest you to wait until wp 8.1 comes ...so all the issues will be updated at once :)

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I took my brother's 620 to nokia care as the phone could not update to the latest version.
Only before giving the phone to nokia care did I notice that the firmware version was from that of Europe.
I bought this phone from Univercell and don't know how this European version landed on my bro's phone.
No wonder it could not be updated OTA.
Finally, Nokia Care updated the phone to the Indian version. Got back the Storage Check too.
Hope the next update will work via OTA.

rockinguy

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me the product code of the Lumia 620 available in india... I have the phone but i think its hasnt got the indian firmware version . Also I cannot take it to the Nokia Care centre coz it was a gift and hence I have no bill of dat. I want to download the firmware and flash it on my own. Thanks in advance..

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
@rockinguy
I had bought the 620 from Univercell and realised that it had a European firmware (1304). I tried updating to 1308, but it always showed that the phone was up to date.
Knowing that the 1308 was out, I took it to Nokia Care, and they flashed it for me. Now I have the Indian firmware. Hope to get the amber OTA.

Nokia Care did not even bother to ask it whether I have the phone bill or not. They typed in the phone IMEI on their computer and found out the details (Date of purchase, warranty period remaining etc...). Obviously this phone was not released a year back that the 620 won't have the warranty. Just take the phone to a Nokia Care, and get it updated. Ideally, they should not ask you for the bill for the 620. All the best.

rockinguy

May 16, 2013
Visit site
@ktl88
Hey thanks for the reply dude..bt my prob is dat the gifted phone i have got is a pre-release developer edition phone given to me by my frnd who works in nokia. so my firmware version is 1249 which is pre release and cannot be update OTA. On taking the phone to the Nokia Care , I am met with a clear no as it is a pre sale device plus with no billing and all. Have tried this with a couple of Nokia Care but ended up with the same result. What i am looking for is the product code (or variant name) of any Indian Lumia 620 so that i can download the correct firmware from Nokia Care Suit on my own. I hope anyone with the phone can provide me this. (I can help out in finding out the product code if ayone doesnt know how to ).. Thanks again

Sudeep Singh1

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
i bought the phone on 7th april 2013
1. 1308.0001
2. i use a class 6 8 gb, there's no lag
3. i had no problem with that, i gt subscirbed over (airtel)2 g.. so i don't think speed's the problem
4. i had no idea about it..
5. ebay . in has shells for around 1600.. you can get it for 100-200 cheaper at local vendors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo