Visual Voicemail constant sync - U.S

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Visual voicemail just prompted on my 620 i have in the U.S on ATT. I enter my password and it is syncing, but it stays there and hasn't done anything in the last 15 minutes, just syncing.

Anyway to turn off visual voicemail or how to get this to sync? I reset the phone and it still syncs.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
May want to call ATT and have them turn off the visual voicemail feature if you do not want it. Also if you have a lot of VM messages initial sync could take some time.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ya, i did.. They said my phone is not able to do visual Voicemal. Sucks because they turned it off, but my phone still tried to connect evenafter i turned off the phone. had to do a factory reset. They should have a toggle to choose what type of voicemail you can use.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Did it effect anything else, do you have internet sharing?

At first vv and internet sharing didn't work. So ATT added my IMEI to their network and then internet sharing started to work. I haven't reactivated VV yet cuz scared it wont work and then i would have to do a factory restart because vv will continue to sync.

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't use internet sharing; but it should still work. I called ATT as well, then wanted the IMEI but I haven't given it to them. The only other thing I did was to disable the password prompt when calling from my phone, I may re-enable that to see if VV still works.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't use internet sharing; but it should still work. I called ATT as well, then wanted the IMEI but I haven't given it to them. The only other thing I did was to disable the password prompt when calling from my phone, I may re-enable that to see if VV still works.

let me know about the password prompt, may have to try this and risk having to reset my phone.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
This trick works, except that i can't have internet sharing capabilities.

Becuse ATT said that right now, they have my 920 IMEI on the sytem which allows VV, but would need to switch IMEIs to my 620 to get tethering, once i do that, VV no longer works on my 620. So the only way 620 works is if you use an IMEI with VV features which is the 920.

When i told them to switch to 620 IMEI, i would keep getting the password prompt to enter password, how do you bypass that? even if i entered the right one, it would keep asking.

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I re-enabled my voicemail password (call voicemail, press * to get to the menu then follow the prompts, I think the full sequence is **4212) - VV still works.

I suspect ATT needs your IMEI to enable internet sharing, it isn't needed for voicemail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon