Cannot connect to Facebook on WIFI, only 3G

gr0ber

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a Lumia 620 unlocked for my wife. Problem is as follows:
When connected to WIFI, internet works fine, however cannot add Facebook account, message is that there is no connection and to try again.

Once I turn off WIFI, I notice the phone connects to 3G data and it successfully adds the Facebook account and syncs. People app and facebook app all work correctly.

Once added, whenever I turn on WIFI I am again unable to see any Facebook updates through people app or even facebook app. It just refuses to connect.

Can anyone help with this issue? It's damn frustrating.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a Lumia 620 unlocked for my wife. Problem is as follows:
When connected to WIFI, internet works fine, however cannot add Facebook account, message is that there is no connection and to try again.

Once I turn off WIFI, I notice the phone connects to 3G data and it successfully adds the Facebook account and syncs. People app and facebook app all work correctly.

Once added, whenever I turn on WIFI I am again unable to see any Facebook updates through people app or even facebook app. It just refuses to connect.

Can anyone help with this issue? It's damn frustrating.

I'm a bit confused here -- do you mean, you can not add you Facebook account to your phone in the settings?

gr0ber

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit confused here -- do you mean, you can not add you Facebook account to your phone in the settings?

Thanks for replying Dazzi. Correct, I cannot add my facebook account to my phone in the settings successfully UNLESS I am not connected to any wifi networks and I use 3G data.

gr0ber

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Might be a router problem. Try going to some other place with WiFi and see if it still occurs.

Thanks for replying pbroy. Definitely a good idea to try, problem is my windows phone 7.8 has never had this problem on same router, nor has my wife's previous windows phone 7.8.

gr0ber

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my 920. I have also asked around on xda forum but with no help. Which wireless router are you using?

Hi Man Kit Ching. I'm using Linksys E3000. However, my phone (windows 7.8) and my wife's previous phone (windows 7.8) both work flawlessly on this router.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying Dazzi. Correct, I cannot add my facebook account to my phone in the settings successfully UNLESS I am not connected to any wifi networks and I use 3G data.

No worries mate -- So you are having to add your Facebook account in the settings everytime you are on 3G?

gr0ber

May 3, 2013
Visit site
No worries mate -- So you are having to add your Facebook account in the settings everytime you are on 3G?

No. Once I have added the Facebook account and successfully synchronized using 3G, the account will stay. However, once the phone connects to WIFI Facebook is unable to sync and won't update at all. Facebook will ONLY work via 3G, never via WIFI. Hope that clears it up.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
No. Once I have added the Facebook account and successfully synchronized using 3G, the account will stay. However, once the phone connects to WIFI Facebook is unable to sync and won't update at all. Facebook will ONLY work via 3G, never via WIFI. Hope that clears it up.

Try searching for a phone update. If that doesn't work, then backup your phone, and try resetting it -- if nothing works then take it back to your retailer, as it shouldn't be doing that. I hope you get it sorted, good luck.

Thomas_kc

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem on my 1 day old Lumia 620! everyone works, facebook too (and the new facebook beta app) when on 3G ! as soon as i turn on my wifi! BOOM facebook totally dies, can't get any data. The rest works fine, twitter, internet etc no problems! but facebook is totally dead, and I mean totally.. website, app everything.

I have 3 laptops, an Iphone and an Ipad on the same wireless network and there is no problems. There is something seriously going wrong on the phone.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem on my 1 day old Lumia 620! everyone works, facebook too (and the new facebook beta app) when on 3G ! as soon as i turn on my wifi! BOOM facebook totally dies, can't get any data. The rest works fine, twitter, internet etc no problems! but facebook is totally dead, and I mean totally.. website, app everything.

I have 3 laptops, an Iphone and an Ipad on the same wireless network and there is no problems. There is something seriously going wrong on the phone.

When you turn Wifi on is 3g still on at the same time?

Thomas_kc

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Ah don't get me wrong trial and error is all we can, and I actually did try it right away.

The reason for my reply is just it would no sense since everything else works. It is literally only facebook that has this issue when on Wifi.

And yeah 2G + wifi fb still won't work.

Not sure what to do about it.

EDIT: Sort of found a solution!!

Turns out that the lumia 620 really does not like my apple Airport Extreme! I tried to setup my old old Dynalink router + wifi instead and tadaaa!! facebook works on wifi now. really not good... but at least it's narrowed down.

Last edited:

pbroy

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Another thing to try is to see if a new firmware is out that may fix the WiFi issue. Use Nokia Software Updater for Retail to check. If firmware doesn't fix it, your router is most likely at fault. Try going through router settings to see if there are any conflicts or just get another router.

gr0ber

May 3, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: Sort of found a solution!!

Turns out that the lumia 620 really does not like my apple Airport Extreme! I tried to setup my old old Dynalink router + wifi instead and tadaaa!! facebook works on wifi now. really not good... but at least it's narrowed down.

Very interesting! Am yet to find the time to sit down and test this myself, but gives me hope.

simi_id

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have same issues with a Lumia 925 and a Belkin N+ Enhanced router.
While I can connect to all accounts on wi-fi: gmail, linked, microsoft, etc ... I can't connect to facebook account, it says no connection.
If I stop wi-fi connection, on 3G it works to set-up the facebook account.
What might cause this issue ? Is there a solution ?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion