Slight Lag before scrolling

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
When scrolling, the device doesn't start scrolling immediately along with the finger. Instead, there is a very small lag, maybe half a second, before it starts following the finger. I previously had a Sony Ericsson Walkman W8 and had a similar experience with it. With the W8, I thought that it was a weak Android device and so it lagged. But now I am noticing it in my 620 too and almost all the devices I have seen.

The only device where I haven't seen such a lag is in Apple devices.

Is this because the device software takes some time to differentiate between a touch and a scroll? If yes, can this lag be reduced?
Or is it a hardware issue?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a similar thing on my 920 which first manifested after the Portico update. However, what happens on mine is that the screen will shift slightly down a fraction before it starts to scroll.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have no lag on my 920 and 810. But I do get it on my 620. Portico on all of them. It is a bit irritating, and surprising that it does that. Though my friend's 620's don't do it. Maybe it's just luck of the draw?

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
There is a slight lag on my 820 but no where near half a second. Maybe a quarter second. Nearly every touch screen I've ever used has noticeable lag, including the iPhones. The only exception is the LG Vu which had a touch screen fueled by magic. When I heard the 920 was going to have a high frequency display I thought maybe it would match the Vu's screen, but it doesn't :(

In fact the 820 isn't supposed to have the higher refresh rate but I couldn't tell the difference between the 820 and 920 display speed, which is odd because I can see the difference with traditional monitors...

Anyway if the lag is .5s then yeah that's odd. However there is some lag, but if you aren't looking for it you won't notice it.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
There is a slight lag on my 820 but no where near half a second. Maybe a quarter second. Nearly every touch screen I've ever used has noticeable lag, including the iPhones. The only exception is the LG Vu which had a touch screen fueled by magic. When I heard the 920 was going to have a high frequency display I thought maybe it would match the Vu's screen, but it doesn't :(

In fact the 820 isn't supposed to have the higher refresh rate but I couldn't tell the difference between the 820 and 920 display speed, which is odd because I can see the difference with traditional monitors...

Anyway if the lag is .5s then yeah that's odd. However there is some lag, but if you aren't looking for it you won't notice it.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Ok, I exaggerated. It is a slight lag, but it is still there.

Check if the screen magnifier is on (easy of access settings). This will probably cause the screen to lag.
It is switched off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss