Buying apps

Emma Berry

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have just brought a nokia lumia 620 and attempted to download some apps, but it is telling me I need to set up a my family account and have a parents permission, but I am 18 and the one paying for the contract! Any ideas as to why this is happening or how to fix it would be great. :smile:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Would have to do with the age you put into your Microsoft Account? It would have been put in when you were setting the phone up. Maybe you messed up and said you were 8 instead of 18 or something.

The Ask MS forum said that if you do make that mistake, that you have to enter in a Credit Card into to show you are not a kid .
Microsoft Account Age Requirements - Microsoft Community

EDIT: Also, found this...the guy with nearly the exact same question: I just bought a new Nokia Lumia 620 but can't download any apps - Microsoft Community

Hi,

You do not have to create a new account. Just go back to windows live/outlook and change the age attached to the account, There are two places, one under edit profile and for some reason another one under account settings.

if you update both ages (and include area information) then you will not get asked to set up the my family account (assuming that you have entered an age appropriate date)

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte