Sad smiley on start screen :-( , cant even hard reset

Diptarag Mukherjee

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi after I bought my phone, I did not turn on Speech feature for first few months, then I wanted to give it a shot and downloaded the necessary upgrades and installed. It gives me a message that the phone need to be restarted and the phone automatically restarted but after that the phone wont start. At the start screeb after the 'NOKIA' logo and two wheels there's a sad smiley :-( and the phone remains in that state. I cant even turn it off using power button. I have to manually remove the battery every time I want to shut it down (frustrated!!) After trying soft reset for a few days, I decided to hard reset the phone. But I cant even perform hard reset. From some post I came to know - I need to press my volume down, power & camera button simultaneously, and when the phone restarts press the volume down & camera button only. Tried several times. But in vain. Can anyone help me with this problem, at least any hard reset method?

Attached is a picture of the start screen of my phone

Thanks in advance for any kind of help

Attachments

• WP_20130619_006.jpg
    WP_20130619_006.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 51

Diptarag Mukherjee

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah every time I have to turn off the phone I need to remove my battery and put it back. I cant even turn it off using normal power button. And I additionally tried resetting the phone with microsoft suggested way of turn off the phone (in my case removing battery and putting it back) turn on, hold the volume down but exclamation mark does not come for my case, it keeps on restarting with NOKIA logo only, still I tried Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down (as suggested by microsoft) but no use

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Try charge your phone for few hours and leave it alone. Might help. Otherwise, try to do soft reset few times, which solved my issue. (Had similar one but WITHOUT that smiley)

Diptarag Mukherjee

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Left the phone for a few hours and when that did not work, left my phone on charge for straight 8 hours also, nothing is working. And I tried soft resetting at first, did not want to hard reset first place. I am having this problem for quite a few days, so tried these methods already :)

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
This is extremely strange. Now if only Navifirm was not blocked...
Probably, the only option that you can do is to go to Nokia Care. They might help you.

AxiK

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
it reminds me the oldschool bsod (blue screen off death) on windows os for PCs. On windows 8 and 8.1 they changed the bsod look with this exact sad smiley face and some text refairing to the problem. Try call microsoft for an explanation! Good luck, if you find a soltion, please confirm!

AxiK

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
It reminds me the old good blue screens of death that we all know pretty much from PCs. Maybe its smth similar for the mobile version of windows.. Try to contact microsoft and nokia, they will tell at least what this smiley means. If you find a solution, please post to know! Good luck:eek:rly:

Surya Praharsha

May 9, 2014
Visit site
WORKS 100% First you press the power button after it vibrates press 1.Vol up 2.Vol down 3.Power button 4.Vol down in Order then wait for Few min for your phone to Restart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb