Numerous Lumia 620 Issues. Do you have the same problems?

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that after Amber update if we switch off the phone, it sometimes powers on itself after a few seconds?

dArtRainbow

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i having problems since i have been using l620 here is one my latest problem
after i have updated my handphone , it just wont slide wont swipe ...it just freeze..
all 3 button does not work as well ...it feels nothing tapping on those 3 buttons
does anyone else facing the same as mine

Adrian Finn1

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Any one else having the issue of the browser kicking you back to start screen, especially when viewing sites like Facebook. Tried using UC Browser and that does same thing, some people have said its low memory that causes it, is this true? Will this be remedied by a future update? What are your thoughts?

Aditya Rikame

May 29, 2013
Visit site
i am using lumia 620 and i have faced most of the issues that you have .One of the frequent issue is Screen becomes unresponsive from time to time and I have to lock and unlock the phone for it to become responsive again.

Other issue i face i random reboots while web browsing or playing games

One more to add is i am unable to pick an incoming call sometimes and i have to lock and unlock the screen to answer the calls

Last one battery was horrible ..but since i have upgraded to GDR3 preview it seems to be improved

I left my walkman phone for lumia and i am too thinking ditching WP8

Sohan Mahajan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
1. Battery rapidly drains every now and again and this is when I'm not even using it a lot.
I am using glance background and my data is always on whenever I am away from home but still my phone survives d day
2. The phone freezes up on occasion and I need to take the battery out
It used to happen when I was running GDR1...amber solved this issue..
3. Scroll up to unlock the lock screen messes up far to often and doesn't let me scroll the screen all the way up to unlock. I need to turn the screen off and on for it to work properly.
never happened yet
4. I get an error saying the SD card has been removed when it hasn't.
Nope. never occurred
5. Music app is slow and I mean slow. I have like 20GB of music on an SD card. Ill load the app up and select a song, the song plays but it takes up to 20 seconds for the screen to flip over to the screen which shows the song that currently playing, during this time I cant do anything with the phone, not even lock it. Really poor in my eyes.
I have only 2-3 GBs just a slight lag but not frustrating... so I cant say abt that
6. Screen becomes unresponsive from time to time and I have to lock and unlock the phone for it to become responsive again.
solved this issue after purchased a good quality scratch guard..
7. If phone is locked and I hold down there camera button the lag is silly the time it takes to open the camera and take a photo is far too long, slow.
sometimes not always... I found it only when I have used Line or Asphalt like heavy apps

So except some missing features like playlist editing and support for more video codec I have no issue with lumia 620

zukon

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually you are lucky...:smile:
When I add the memory card to y lumia 620 it starts to switch off automatically.....:angry:
Just 2 days and back to service centre

donaldsheath

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia lumia 620 and it will not allow me to go onto facebook whilst WiFi is on it says "we are having trouble getting data " and will not let me make comments or upload pictures even when I am sat right next to my modem . yet if I switch of WiFi it will go onto 3G and allow access but still will not let me upload pictures ...... I have taken it to 3 shops and it always seems to be working in the shops so they say there is nothing they can do about it . its disgraceful ............. I am not happy with this phone at all ......... and no one seems to have the answer ............... think I will get a new phone next year and IT WILL NOT BE A NOKIA ONE

ahmadsamhann

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia lumia 620 and it will not allow me to go onto facebook whilst WiFi is on it says "we are having trouble getting data " and will not let me make comments or upload pictures even when I am sat right next to my modem . yet if I switch of WiFi it will go onto 3G and allow access but still will not let me upload pictures ...... I have taken it to 3 shops and it always seems to be working in the shops so they say there is nothing they can do about it . its disgraceful ............. I am not happy with this phone at all ......... and no one seems to have the answer ............... think I will get a new phone next year and IT WILL NOT BE A NOKIA ONE

If its working in the shops and not in your home, I'm pretty sure its the modem might be the culprit. Don't blame L620, its working flawlessly here.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys tried updating to the Update 3 Preview? The 620 has 512 MB RAM so the tap to close apps feature might come handy, also performance and battery life has increase overall for high-end Lumias so there might some improvement for the 620 as well.

BerenErchamion

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi !

I had the same issues with my 620 from weeks. I tried everything (reboot, reset, remove SD card, etc.).

I installed the GDR3 preview update (and the minors updates released recently). When it was done, juste after the reboot, the 620 send me a message I never seen before : "your SD card seems have a problem, please try to connect it to your computer" (I received this message in french, so this is the english translation I made : the original english message may be different !).
So, I removed the SD card and all screen issues, freezes, slow camera and slow navigation in music seem disappear ! My 620 is back !
I reformat the SD card on my computer and replace it in the 620 and everything seems nice from 24hrs (music and photo fast enough).

So, I think GDR3 deals better with SD card (and in generally, the recent minors updates improves the smoothness). So, GDR3 + reformat SD card may be a solution?
Anyone with the same experience ?

Melody Ye

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
OMG, i hav those problems too, at first i thought its just me and i thought i probably just got a bad phone...does anyone know how to fix these problems??

DHAVAL GOHIL

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Have been facing same issues except for the Music...as i m not a big music lover... one some of my friends suggestions i have written all the issue to Nokia care and on their request submitted my phone with service center for observation...hope to see some positive outcome as last 6 months have been a big struggle....

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi to all.
I have same problems.
1. Battery rapidly drains every now and again and this is when I'm not even using it a lot.
The same problem, using glance in "near hand mode", only 3 programs running in memory, low brightness and other features for preventing battery loss from nokia care. I've Installed battery app, it allows to monitor your battery drain, plots some graphics. I think it is not a bug, it's a feature of Lumia 620. Low battery capacity, unstable OS optimization. Hope it will be fix in the next 8.1 update.
2. The phone freezes up on occasion and I need to take the battery out
Have lumia black update. Yesterday faced with that problem. Taking battery out helped.
3. Scroll up to unlock the lock screen messes up far to often and doesn't let me scroll the screen all the way up to unlock. I need to turn the screen off and on for it to work properly.
never happened yet, but happened with my desktop windows 8.1 seems it software problem.
4. I get an error saying the SD card has been removed when it hasn't.
Never occured
6. Screen becomes unresponsive from time to time and I have to lock and unlock the phone for it to become responsive again.
Someone tells that there is a problem with back cover grounding, maybe changing it fix that issue,

Also I have a problem with my front cam. After I launch any cam app with main cam - it work. But if i change the view to front - the app crushes and never launch again untill you tap refresh cam in cam setting and reboot the phone. Anyone faced with that issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb