Numerous Lumia 620 Issues. Do you have the same problems?

Shivanshu Vyas

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with WhatsApp? The messages don't get updated timely and when they do the notifications keep on coming again and again repeatedly as if someone has sent a message when actually it's only notifying about the older messages! And regarding the screen freeze, yes it does happen a lot of times. The only way to solve is to lock and unlock the screen immediately to use the phone! I guess the problem with WhatsApp in Lumia is universal and Nokia should do something about it! I don't know why it hasn't been resolved till now even after continuous complaints from so many users worldwide. Poor on the part of Nokia!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with WhatsApp? The messages don't get updated timely and when they do the notifications keep on coming again and again repeatedly as if someone has sent a message when actually it's only notifying about the older messages! And regarding the screen freeze, yes it does happen a lot of times. The only way to solve is to lock and unlock the screen immediately to use the phone! I guess the problem with WhatsApp in Lumia is universal and Nokia should do something about it! I don't know why it hasn't been resolved till now even after continuous complaints from so many users worldwide. Poor on the part of Nokia!

whatsapp has to solve the whatsapp problems, its not nokias responsibility.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
L520 is cheaper than L620 but I have not heard of any one complaining abt 520 right? Maybe the issues are to do with the firmware? we gotta spam Nokia!!

claps

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have some of these issues as well (1 of course, 2, 3, 6, 7)
#2 is especially annoying and has happened quite a lot during the past few weeks. For a while, I have been suspecting Whatsapp to be responsible, but no solid proof.

Ankit K

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
YOU tube Videos not playing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am facing strange problem in my lumia 620. I am unable to play you tube videos( or watch any video online) on my phone. Every time I play it says "loading" and hangs there and after a while error appears "this file is not supported by your phone". I am using youtube app in my phone and have high speed wifi connectivity here.

Also I am unable to download flash player in it.

What is wrong ? please help urgently.

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had the lumia 620 since it first came out in the UK and piad ?200 for it off contract (wish I had waiting as the price dropped rapildy not long after but thats going away fromy my point).

Since I've had the phone I've encountered issue upon issue like:

1. Battery rapidly drains every now and again and this is when I'm not even using it a lot.
2. The phone freezes up on occasion and I need to take the battery out
3. Scroll up to unlock the lock screen messes up far to often and doesn't let me scroll the screen all the way up to unlock. I need to turn the screen off and on for it to work properly.
4. I get an error saying the SD card has been removed when it hasn't.
5. Music app is slow and I mean slow. I have like 20GB of music on an SD card. Ill load the app up and select a song, the song plays but it takes up to 20 seconds for the screen to flip over to the screen which shows the song that currently playing, during this time I cant do anything with the phone, not even lock it. Really poor in my eyes.
6. Screen becomes unresponsive from time to time and I have to lock and unlock the phone for it to become responsive again.
7. If phone is locked and I hold down there camera button the lag is silly the time it takes to open the camera and take a photo is far too long, slow.

I left an iPhone 4 I had for 2 years the worked great because I was bored of the OS for WP8 but this really takes the ****, all of the above shouldn't be happening, these are things that shouldn't exist, it annoying me to the point now where I'm seriously thinking of ditching WP8 and either giving Android a try or going back to an iPhone with iOS7 when its out.

1. Not really.
2. Occasionally.
3. Yes.
4. Never.
5. Agreed.
6. Yes.
7. Yes.

I'm not quite sure if this is specific to 620 though, never tried a different WP8 Lumia. The biggest concern for me is the slow Music app, and slow Camera, most other stuff can be experienced in my previous phones as well.

dikadik

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: YOU tube Videos not playing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am facing strange problem in my lumia 620. I am unable to play you tube videos( or watch any video online) on my phone. Every time I play it says "loading" and hangs there and after a while error appears "this file is not supported by your phone". I am using youtube app in my phone and have high speed wifi connectivity here.

Also I am unable to download flash player in it.

What is wrong ? please help urgently.

I'm having the same issue with the youtube app and I give up on it, but rather have an error message appears, my screen just keep blank/black with nothing showed on it.
But this problem only happened when I'm using the youtube app, if I open the youtube from the IE, it works well.

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Despite the issues with the device, I feel out of my last three phones (all of them
were Androids) this device feels a lot more tolerable.

Especially since the latest Whatsapp update bringing a more stable notification. Also the news of Path app and upcoming Amber update.

Sent using Tapatalk

Mihaiu

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
i have not any posted issues, my lumia 620 is working fine, allmoust all the time. Some time kick me out from several games, maeby battery power is very low.

1 disable data trafic ( and enable only when you need ) also i set 2g, if i am playing games after job, must recharge after 1 day, with " economy " use i have battery at most 3 working days
2 never freezes up, never restart
3 only ONCE in 3-4 months, but i think some buttons were touched
4 never have errors on SD card - I have a fast 10 class 16G sd card
5 music app ( the original ) is working fine for me.
6 screen never becomes unresponsive
7 camera works fine, on fast 10 class SD card about 1 sec to save the picture in the bigger setting format

it was a surprise for me when i try to post from my phone, and my phone keyboard allways sliding down. I can not post on THIS forum from my Lumia 620.
I have had android too, and in this very moment i will not going back to android.

Eirik

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Im dissapointed after 5 months with my lumia 620.

Too many probs with lumia 620,

from annoying bing-button and side-buttons (which I always seem to touch when not needed),
to freezing up the screen during phone calls (preventing hanging up or setting speaker on/off) and,
when trying to get past the start screen (it often stays immobile),
Im getting pretty tired of the phone when it doesnt want to respond to any of my warm fingers...
just not gonna reset my phone everyday in order to counter the daily problems...
I have better things to do on a daily base...

Besides that, theres are the more common problems like lack of apps and flashplayer.

As im allergic to anything that starts with i or I ... next stop will have to be android im afraid (but hopefully a better platform than windows).

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
These problems are in software. Not the hardware...update phone fix it..to prolong battery life,off location,,brightness auto, block those apps running in background ..screen timeout 30 seconds,,

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Screen protector causes of all issue.,when the phone freeze,the hardware performance can be affected.. . Like disconnection...errors..microphone not recording..it happened with my phone. Just removed my screen protector now so fast and smooth ever....😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

rinkusaru09

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
hi i have purchasedd new nokia lumia 620. . . . .and i'm so frustrated with its functionality . .. no photo displaying in facebook apps . . . .facebook doesn't open on explorer
youtube video not playing . . ..it sucks . . .please help . . . .and one more let me know if there is an aappps for appllication protector

DenisSuncity

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Had few of your issues as well, but did not owned phone for long time so difficult to comment. Using 925 now and no issues at all. Maybe its because of update.

I'm on the medication so I do not take any responsibility for my posts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs