game installations

anup003

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
i installd temple run on my lumia 620. the size of the game in the store is abt 20 mb, bt after the installation, it shows 85 mb in storage check. This is happening for each time i downloaded. So i cnt download more than 2 games bcoz it is using almost 250 mb of my ram. How to overcome? please help.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It takes 85MB on my Lumia 920, too. But that has nothing to do with your RAM... Your storage is 8 GB, so let's say 6 without the OS. That's plenty of storage for more than two games.

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
i installd temple run on my lumia 620. the size of the game in the store is abt 20 mb, bt after the installation, it shows 85 mb in storage check. This is happening for each time i downloaded. So i cnt download more than 2 games bcoz it is using almost 250 mb of my ram. How to overcome? please help.

I experience that when you download a game or application it does not delete the 'installation' you have downloaded, therefore after time it is advisable to run the Storage Check and clean the temp files.

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

you can't really, the installation file will always be smaller than your actual install. Its no different than a typical PC\Mac software install.

That counts against your 8\16\32\64 GB storage though. Not your 512\1GB RAM.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well as you know, Devs tried to compress the file to be able to easily download by users. So basically, the file size you saw at the download section is not really telling you that it will will be size of the game/app after installation, because it will uncompressed itself during the installation process.

Just like most of the installers in PC, they're usually being compressed for easy download/upload by user, and decompressed itself during the installation process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes