Lumia 620 Shrink Storage App - HOW TO - [Tried and Tested with Lumia 620]

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
From my experience on a 920, these type of apps do nothing more than the Clear Temporary Files that is found on the Nokia Storage Checker.

I have run this app and similar apps on my 920 and basically nothing is removed. I still have over 4 gb in other.

I don't think so...because before i run this app, I've cleared temporary files using storage check and also deleted history in IE, and this app still help to reduce other files.

After cleared temporary files and deleted history in IE, other=1.51gb

After run this app, other=1.45gb

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so...because before i run this app, I've cleared temporary files using storage check and also deleted history in IE, and this app still help to reduce other files.

After cleared temporary files and deleted history in IE, other=1.51gb

After run this app, other=1.45gb

Different experience then. These shrink storage apps basically do nothing on my 920 and my wife's. When I say basically nothing, I am dismissing 100mb or so.

It all depends on when you catch the temporary files. The Nokia storage check can have my temp files at 850 mb for days and it will not clean below that. Then all of the sudden it will clear down to 625 mb.

pklbtjf

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i faced problem after i run the application "Shrink Storage".

I followed all the instruction to press the 'Fill Phone Storage', a prompt pop out: "Your Phone storage is full now. Please Restart and press 'Clean Phone Storage'. Actual size allocated: 1.22MB" . There is only option to close the promot by press 'ok'. So i pressed 'ok' and pressed 'Clean Phone Storage'. There is another prompt pop out: "Phone storage was released (-1.22MB). Actual size allocated: 0bytes." There is only option to close the prompt by press 'ok'.

I did not received any prompt mention "PHONE MEMORY IS NOT ENOUGH..." and any prompt that showed option to close by CLOSED and SETTINGS. I repeated and run the application again and again for more than 50times, the same prompt pop out, just the 'Actual Size Allocated' change each time, the highest it showed is 1.24MB. I tried to restart my phone a few times, it still the same situation. I checked my OTHER STORAGE, it still the same as before i run "Shrink Storage" app. Currently, my internal memory, there are 0bytes on music+videos, 1.8MB on pictures, 1.34GB apps, 2.01GB on system, 3.88GB on "others" and 0bytes on free space.

Where is going wrong? Which step i did wrong? Why my "others" not seen to reduce and the apps not working for me? Please help!! :crying::crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6