Able to restore backup after flashing GDR2 through NSU. Is it just me?

yashshah7197

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.

I flashed GDR2 on my 620 through NSU after I read some threads regarding flashing.

Interestingly, I was given an option as to whether I'd like to restore my backup or whether I'd like to start afresh.

I wanted to hard reset my phone too so I chose the latter. But can anyone confirm if the restore backup option works? Or is it just me who got that option?

Here's a pic.
wp_ss_20130806_0001.png

Last edited:

azithromycin

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
If you have saved a backup earlier, it would definitely prompt if you want to restore it. :smile: Its not surprising. You have flashed your phone, if you had updated it the regular way, your data would have been intact, and hence no question of restoration of backup.

Ashish B

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.

I flashed GDR2 on my 620 through NSU after I read some threads regarding flashing.

Interestingly, I was given an option as to whether I'd like to restore my backup or whether I'd like to start afresh.

I wanted to hard reset my phone too so I chose the latter. But can anyone confirm if the restore backup option works? Or is it just me who got that option?

Here's a pic.
View attachment 39196

Hey I'm from India too! How come Nokia Software Updater for Retail is not showing me GDR2 for my 620?

Ashish B

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they've pulled the update from their servers. Many people are facing the same issue.

Yes, that seems to be the case.

By the way, can you please post a screenshot of contents (you'll see things like Manufacturer Name, Mobile Operator, Configuration ID, Label ID etc) under 'more info' section of extras+info app after GDR2 update?

Ulisses Augusto

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.

Here's a pic.
View attachment 39196

My backup as everything is this phone is attached to microsoft account, never seen this screen, I?ve flashed through NCS thoughl, so after logging in my stuff was back from the after life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb