Manually Flash GDR2 ROM on Lumia 620

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
have the day off so I decided I would try this on my US Aio wireless Nokia 620. recovery was successful, and I am setting up the phone now, backup restored perfectly, downloading my apps now, wifi working, no problems so far. thanks for a great post.

edit- FYI I get a capital H+ when you swipe down instead of "4G" and it has 3G as the highest data connection I can choose in settings, so I do not know as of now whether I am on true AT&T 4G or 3G, but running a speedtest I am getting 3.67mbps download and 1.05mbps upload speeds from Houston, TX.

and I have one application that will not update itself, getting an error code, which I just cancelled the download besides that no problems. MY AIO app works fine,

Last edited:

kaybee327

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Help folks

Trying to change from Country varient to Vodafone.

I could not get it to work. got as far as press down and power until blank screen let go got small vibration and phone started to boot itself, clicked retry in recoverywent back to press keys 2nd time pressed retry again nad got error message ' Invalid response from device, incorrect message id '

Any ideas please

Keith

Attachments

• fail.JPG
    fail.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 174

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to hold my breath for AIO wireless to approve GDR2.

Same here....

I've chatted several times with reps and they have both said that they don't know anything and it isn't AIO holding it up.... yeah right.

I really hope the rumors are true that MS are working on pushing updates direct. It's not 2003 any more and carriers shouldn't be in the software update business.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
have the day off so I decided I would try this on my US Aio wireless Nokia 620. recovery was successful, and I am setting up the phone now, backup restored perfectly, downloading my apps now, wifi working, no problems so far. thanks for a great post.

edit- FYI I get a capital H+ when you swipe down instead of "4G" and it has 3G as the highest data connection I can choose in settings, so I do not know as of now whether I am on true AT&T 4G or 3G, but running a speedtest I am getting 3.67mbps download and 1.05mbps upload speeds from Houston, TX.

and I have one application that will not update itself, getting an error code, which I just cancelled the download besides that no problems. MY AIO app works fine,

That's good to know, since I've also got an AIO phone and I doubt AIO is ever going to be prompt with updates. Amber still isn't officially out.

I wonder if the ROM linked to in the first post is a standard global one, or one for a specific region? Clearly, it works ok on your phone. Have you had any other issues than that one app?

Also, does anyone have a download link for the Nokia Care software? I know I can download the Nokia Software Updater from links direct to nokia.com, wasn't sure if anyone had similar links for this software.

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
That's good to know, since I've also got an AIO phone and I doubt AIO is ever going to be prompt with updates. Amber still isn't officially out.

I wonder if the ROM linked to in the first post is a standard global one, or one for a specific region? Clearly, it works ok on your phone. Have you had any other issues than that one app?

Also, does anyone have a download link for the Nokia Care software? I know I can download the Nokia Software Updater from links direct to nokia.com, wasn't sure if anyone had similar links for this software.

The ROM looks like it is from sweden, all i had to do was change my time zone and language. no other problems, i went and updated to the preview GDR3 release, and i am very happy. of course the ol standard goes your mileage may vary! i have a backup copy of the official AIO Rom just in case.

i forgot where i got my nokia care from unfortunately.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The ROM looks like it is from sweden, all i had to do was change my time zone and language. no other problems, i went and updated to the preview GDR3 release, and i am very happy. of course the ol standard goes your mileage may vary! i have a backup copy of the official AIO Rom just in case.

i forgot where i got my nokia care from unfortunately.

How did you make a backup copy of the AIO ROM?

Laetitia Raes

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I tried to flash my Nokia Lumia with Nokia Care Suite.
But the program Always asks for a password, can someone tell me wich password I have to give?

Thanks a lotKnipsel.PNG

ibtihaj2010

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
whenever i update my mobile software it show this message Recovery Failed "Invalid response from device, incorrect message id
Exception:
Nokia.Murzim.InvalidResponseException: Invalid response from device, incorrect message id
at Nokia.Murzim.Uefi.BootManager.MurzimBootManager.InfoQuery()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__b(Object state)"
any suggestion plz.

Bob701

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I recently bought a replacement for my nokia 620 digitizer screen, and it turns out the screen is reference; REV 1.2.

And my screen does not work, everything works fine, but I can not do anything because the digitizer is not responding.

I in November me I did the upgrade to Amber, but I read that replacements will not work with Amber update, so I did a master reset,
thinking that would work well screen, but it did not, still do nothing.

So that's why I want to ask for help.

1. When I do a master reset, the mobile returns to the previous version of the operating system?

2. What solutions can I take with this digitizer for it to work and not have to be returning to the seller?

3. The Nokia Care Suite can help me solve it?, As I do?

Thank you in advanced!

asifali_eng

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Boss meny b finland ka rom dala hy lumia 620 main, is k bad meny black update b ki hy, language b meny english kr k baki sary keyboard remove kr dey but ek msla hy k glance pe day or month finland ki hy language may likhy aty hian iska kiya hal hy?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa