Any Lumia 620 user regretting his/her purchase? Because I haven't found one yet! :D

Ashish B

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been a regular reader/forum member at WPCentral, MyNokiaBlog, WMPowerUser, TheVerge and Engadget, and I've noticed that there is no one regretting his/her purchase of the Lumia 620. There are quite a few people regretting the 520, but none (or very rarely one) regretting the 620. I honestly think it is an amazing achievement for the Lumia 620. I've been a proud owner of one since April. I believe there are a few reasons why the Lumia 620 is the best budget Windows Phone till now:

1) The perfect display size. 3.8''.
2) The phone looks cute as a button. Build quality is great. Add to that, the dual-shot colourful replaceable shells take things to a whole new level. I cannot remember how many times I've been asked by Android and iPhone owners "hey, tell me where'd you buy that cover? That looks freaking amazing!"
3) Front-facing cam, NFC, good-quality loudspeaker and Bluetooth 4.0. It's always nice to have these goodies in your phone! :smile:

I think that for people who don't change their phones frequently, the Lumia 620 can easily last them till Windows Phone 8 reaches its mainstream support end date (12th January 2016) without making them feel much 'tech obsolete'.

What do you think? And if you're regretting your Lumia 620, do mention here and also state the reason behind the regret.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I regret my phone purchase because I could find something worse for twice as much :((((((( /s

Seriously, the only thing I don't like about the 620 is the battery life. And, it's still a great phone.

littlejunkie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Other than the battery life...which sucks big time. I got the Nokia 5J battery which fits perfectly in my Lumia 620 and my battery life is much better than the old battery. I was able to share my internet connection for 3 hrs ans still battery remaining was 65%. After a week or so I will give more results. Frankly the 4J battery is not upto the mark. I guess Nokia gave leftover batteries...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Other than the battery life...which sucks big time. I got the Nokia 5J battery which fits perfectly in my Lumia 620 and my battery life is much better than the old battery. I was able to share my internet connection for 3 hrs ans still battery remaining was 65%. After a week or so I will give more results. Frankly the 4J battery is not upto the mark. I guess Nokia gave leftover batteries...
Well, the old BL-4J batteries had a 1080 mAh rating, so I couldn't see how they could bother to give us leftovers.

On a side note, being able to buy BL-5J batteries for my 620 is awesome!
Not only that, I already have two of them at home (from Asha 200s) and I'm currently making my brother get a 520 for yet another one!

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
The 620 came out a month before the 720 in India. I got the 620 for myself and then got the 720 as a birthday present for my sister. I was happy with the 620 at first, but the 720 with better screen, build and camera is so good that I do regret it now.

rajeshks16

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
i regret my purchase of phone.
It does not have some of the basic functions of the phone like call duration etc. Though it not 620 specific.
These small features you can get in 1000 rs phone also.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I like my L620 but I regret buying it because the battery life(with internet usage) is so bad. Plus The apps sucks, even wpcentral app shuts down a few times for no reason. Also Id like to point out that the pages reload when I switch to some app and I return back to the page, the memory management is different on WP versus Android, it just drops the previous scenarios and I guess reloads the apps versus active mutlitasking like the one on Android!!). Other than that and the common shortcomings of WP8( like universal volume control, irregular store updates, no notification system, lock rotation), I'm reasonably satisfied. WP is so fluid! Will wait till GDDR3 and even 8.1 release before I decide to switch back to Android for like ever!

Last edited:

Oranges123

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't regret it. I've had the 620 for a number of months now and am generally happy with phone too despite running into a few problems. I'm glad I got it though as I researched beforehand and knew the OS was missing a lot of basic features so didn't want to get something like a 820 or 8X. I knew what I was getting and the 620 for me was great to get into and get a feel of WP8 and its been good.

Just as you listed it ticked a lot of boxes for me in terms of hardware features & specs balanced really well and at a great price. Just the OS needs work so nothing wrong with the phone. The 620 is great only the battery could be better and a shame its missing out on FM radio in GDR2.

I will also wait until Blue comes along and decide whether to stick to WP as I like the OS but Microsoft need to add a number of basic features which was the only thing that held me back from getting a more expensive Windows Phone. I don't have any OS bias by the way, have used iOS, Android, Symbian. I like WP, just needs those basic features.

pcangeldust

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I had it for several months, I like some things, other things I don't care for so much.

I expected a better camera quality but I got use to it now.

I hate that there is no file manager and no USB tethering like come on those are basic features missing from wp8.

Forgot to add: sometimes when I try to unlock the home/lock screen it becomes slow to slide up and so I have to put it to sleep and wake it up again. This is quite annoying and occurs many times.

am quite happy with the rest, I downloaded a bunch of apps today and cleaned up my start screen. Looking good, just waiting for the amber update everyone is talking about.

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes and No.

Yes because it doesn't have super sensitive screen, so in the Amber update it won't get double tap to wake, something I was ACTUALLY looking forward to -_-, my other reasons for regret have almost ALL been OS related and not related towards the phone, however that DOES bear the brunt of it.

Also in Pakistan, its shell covers are really few to choose from, and are PRETTY expensive imo :-/ So.. and yes, Camera Quality isn't all that great, needs at least two shots for a blur free shot.

No, cause its an awesome phone for the price, hardware wise it's pretty awesome :) (cept no FM radio and Super Sensitive screen! 0_o)

Oh and I don't know WHAT most people are talking about, my battery life is INSANE! Lasts over a day, easy. HEAVY usage makes for around a days worth. Only had LOW battery ONCE in the few months I've had it. But then again, depends on usage I guess. :smile:

Charlie55

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much like it, and I'm well pleased overall.
Nice size, looks good, basically works well.

BUT Battery life could be better, and shame it won't get the FM radio.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes because i bought it to test WP8 and now that i love the OS i should have bought the 920 :p

Seriously, its an awesome phone for its price. My battery life is awesome for a smartphone, way way better than my Xperia S. I did a lot of testing with settings and apps though, some apps were eating my battery way too fast. Battery apps, facebook app and staying online on integrated facebook messenger consume a lot of battery.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
i m really enjoying usng lumia 620 but there is an issue in here map
i recently bought my lumia almost a week ago. whenever i open here maps, drive the only thing i can see is my location symbol on d display nuthng else den that no map view, it is all blank.... help plzzzzz

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
i m really enjoying usng lumia 620 but there is an issue in here map
i recently bought my lumia almost a week ago. whenever i open here maps, drive the only thing i can see is my location symbol on d display nuthng else den that no map view, it is all blank.... help plzzzzz

Download the maps for your state in Settings->Applications->Maps for offline purposes (It is very good. I love it).
Or use Here Maps online (using WiFi or 3G/2G internet).

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Are you saying that I can change the battery in 620 with the battery from 520 (520 has higher rating)?. I think it is great if that is the case I an get a 5 J batter for my sis who has 620?.. are there any other battery which can fit 620?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3