Broken Camera Button

richyvrlimited

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I unfortunately dropped my Lumia 620 at the weekend and the camera button has fallen/snapped off the mainboard, unfortunately I can't send the phone back for repair as I've already had to replace the screen (not a drop but a long story).

The switch has snapped clean so unfortunately there are no contacts showing on the switch, (the switch legs are still in the mainboard - if there were I'd just solder the thing back on.

Does anyone know where I can source a new switch from? As a last resort i'd replace the mainboard, but I've not been able to source one of those either :(

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks.

Rich

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What country are you located in?

Do you have a Nokia Care location? They probably will not repair it for free, since it is physically damaged, unless you have insurance for physical damage; however, they should be able to repair it if you pay for the repair.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Lock (Power) button of my Lumia 620 was broken, and Nokia Care repaired it for me. (Lumia phones doesn't have warranty in Iran) Try bringing your phone to a Nokia Care point, and ask them if they can repair it for free, or if not, how much does it cost to repair your phone? It shouldn't cost too much. (they repaired my phone for 30,000 Tomans (~10$). )

Ulisses Augusto

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Buy from stellatech (throw it on google), it is a store at Germany. they have it, but the solder part is a little trick, I?ve soldered my battery pins back, almost set it on fire, but now it is ok. Do not let the material touch anything even that metal part around the screws. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss