Camera flash, battery life questions??

DMB1988

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm about to buy either the 620 or the 520 for my mother. What I was wondering how good is the flash on the 620? Does it make a big difference to the phone when taking photos in dark areas compared to no flash on the 520?

Also how good is the battery? She will not be looking at playing games or anything, jus basically some calls, texting and taking the odd photo.

What is drawing me to the 620 is that the screen seems clearer and the camera has a flash

Would everyone who has the 620 recommend it over the 520?

iosified

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I would, obviously the flash helps a lot in dark scenes but also when it comes to using it to focus even if the flash is not set to go off when taking the picture. For me in this area 620 is above 520. I've used the 520 only for 2 days though, 620 for months now.

Battery life in the 620 is something to be addressed for normal users that might use the GPS or Here Drive, watch some video or listen to podcasts or songs on the commute. If she is a basic user then she will be fine, even if calling extensively she will get through the day, tell her to charge her phone at night though.

Screen is good, really good. 520 has the size and the 620 is a very good screen, for me though I was used to a 4 inch, so with he 620 sometimes I feel the lack of real state on the screen, but most of the time I'm fine with it, don't even notice it when it comes to size.

For me yes, 620 is the way to go. Again, my experience with the 520 was only for 3 days.

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I would say go for the 620. The only draw back on the 620 is the battery life, but it depends also on your cellphone habits, otherwise it would be fine. The thing with the screen between the two is the sizes and features. The 620 has the clear black which I believe will be a bigger advantage for your mother then the size of the screen. Flashes on cellphone cameras does not work that perfect in dark areas anyways...

Electric_Mustang

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
And the front camera!
Maybe your mom won't use NFC.
The ClearBlack display gives better sunlight readability.
Don't forget that the 620's shells are more durable than the 520's.
And @iosified, you have a point with the focus assist lamp.

DMB1988

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, I think I will go for the 620. Had a play about wit one and for the price they are hard to beat. She had wanted a galaxy fame here in the uk but there seems to be no comparison.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb