Dropped phone, now touch screen wont work. (Disassembled)

Thor Kousted

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
my sister dropped her 620 and the screen shattered. However, I've seen tons of phones with shattered screens that still worked, but unfortunately this 620 wont. I disassembled the phone and the digitizer cable is indeed connected and show no sign of damage.

Pictures -
Screen
Cable (unplugged)
Cable (plugged, the one on the left)
Digitizer Cable, the other end (screen removed)

Any suggestions? I dont understand why the entire screen isnt working from shatters, even when the cable is connected.

Thor Kousted

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
It could be the screen itself underneath that is cracked - then it won't work at all.

It isnt. Like the "title" of the last picture says, it was taken with the actual screen removed, which was in perfect condition. It is simply the outer protecting glass that is shattered. And I assume that the glass does not have any "technology" in it that would prevent it from working when shattered... It should simply be, glass, and should work, shattered or not. :S

architxt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thor, how did it go in the end?

I'm in a similar situation but don't know if it's just the screen that has broken or the digitizer too. About 70% of the screen actally works.

Is there a way to determine whether the digitizer is working or not once the phone has been disassembled?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)