HERE Maps not starting

maptiger

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I am having some problem after update to Amber. May be it is not the problem with the Amber update. Actually after Amber update when I started the HERE Maps application, I also accidentally pressed the back button so HERE Maps closed in the middle of its splash screen display.

After that, whenever I start HERE Maps it just displays the splash screen and goes back to start screen and nothing else. May be just because of that no other maps application is working i.e. HERE Drive, Google Maps (this one starts but doesn't display any map at all).

One more noticeable thing is that HERE Maps or HERE Drive are not displaying in the store if I have the region set to Pakistan where I live. But after settings it to other regions, I can see the apps. Can anyone please help me as I am very used to the Maps feature before this update and I really want to have it back.

Regards,

Mujtaba Ali Panjwani

maptiger

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Try uninstalling and reinstalling Here maps and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I tried to reinstall the Amber update using "Nokia Software Update", tried resetting the phone, tried reinstalling HERE Maps/Drive several times but to no avail. Problem still the same without any change.

maptiger

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Come up guys!! No one have any idea to resolve the problem? I really want the maps thing to work, just dont know any idea that how can it be started again.

Please guys, give some ideas apart from what I already did. None of the maps features are working :(

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you restarted your phone. I had a problem with Xbox music not starting and thought I'd have to reset. Every time I restarted the phone it would crash, but right before I was about to hard reset I found that if I restarted, waited without opening the all then restarted again it worked.

maptiger

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have restarted it several times while Here Maps or Here Drive were installed and kept for days. Several restarts (not specifically for Maps) but nothing worked. Even uninstalled the app then several days later tried to install again and opening it but still no luck.

I have Nokia Lumia 620 that is why I submitted on this forum :)

Regards

usman rehman

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
me also facing such problem after amber update. i am from pakistan not install from windows phone store and windows phone website from purchased histry.
help me

Fraud84

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Solved

Hi guys. That is how I solved this problem: I have deleted all the maps I have saved, and after just downloaded them again.
Setting> Applications >Maps >Download maps.
After scanning, you may see what maps you have in a storage, mark them and delete. After just download again, Hope, you'll be lucky as I am)))

maptiger

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Solved

Well, guys. The problem is real strange that it isn't solved yet.

Hi guys. That is how I solved this problem: I have deleted all the maps I have saved, and after just downloaded them again.
Setting> Applications >Maps >Download maps.
After scanning, you may see what maps you have in a storage, mark them and delete. After just download again, Hope, you'll be lucky as I am)))

Well, the problem is that we are not able to start HERE Maps at all so actually in my case I have no maps downloaded at all.

Also in my region Pakistan, HERE Maps is not available. I had to install it after changing the region to US etc. Does this mean that Pakistani Windows Phones won't be able to start Maps?

Regards

Ghufran Quresh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here . After updating to Amber i was not able to launch HERE maps , it starts then before the maps load it goes back to home screen . I tried hard resetting the phone to factory default , but even after that it is still the same .

usman rehman

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
dear i hv also same problem in pakistan .i hv visit nokia care and update firmware again not nothing solved.nokia care told me its not help me in this case but sent yr issue to nokia and my also work in gdr3 update so wait till gdr3 update..

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The makers of here maps are not working on Pakistan maps cause here few people gave them a response and they don't have a clear mapping for Pakistan... We believe that they might fix it in the black update

nadr_xd

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm facing the same issue... The difference is "Here maps " was working fine in "Amber Update" but it's stopped working after GDR3 (aka Lumia Black)
...and "Here maps" isn't the only map app that's not working, WP8's native "Bing maps" has also stopped working and alternative apps like "Gmaps" etc won't work. Even "Foursquare" isn't working properly....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon