L620 battery life with GDR2

korben556

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to the forum, but I thought I would post my experiences with battery life on the L620. I recently acquired a 620 and was pretty happy with the battery performance. However, I had read that the 520 battery fits and adds a little extra juice. So having both, I did a battery swap and pretty much at the same time received the GDR2 upgrade.

I suppose I am a medium user, as I have 3 email accounts syncing, twitter and on a run in the car I stream podcasts. Therefore, to cut a long story short, I am amazed at the performance I am getting. In fact I was worried that something was wrong with the battery indicator because it is so good!

The performance you will see includes about 20 mins of calls, 2 hours of streaming podcast on WiFi and emails etc.

Anyway, as they say a picture paints a thousand words and all that so?

L620 Batt.png

Thanks Nokia and Microsoft :smile:

Korben

korben556

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Weird, how battery life can vary so much. Not sure how much difference the addition of the BL-5j battery helps, but it must be some.

dlls

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing on my L620, replaced the stock battery with a 1430 mAh BL-5J. It fits perfectly. Tests with WPBench show about 10% battery life increase. Anyway, I can't complain, I'm easily getting 24h of usage with WiFi turned on almost all day and a lot of usage. No 3G, though

Last edited:

dlls

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Does this one fit the 620: Nokia Lumia 520 - Nokia

Thanks!

Depends on how thick it is. BL-5C is already a little thicker than the stock battery. If that Mugen battery is even more thick than a BL-5C, it is possible it won't fit in L620 without causing too much pressure on the back cover. I would try to find out more about its physical dimensions before purchasing it. I looked on that site bit I couldn't find its exact dimensions.

Dragunov2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I sent an email to Mugen to ask them about the size of the 520, they say it's the same size as the original one...

So it's quite safe to buy such battery for the 620, but I gonna wait till they come with the XL battery for the 620 like said before and see if it's bigger than the original one... But it's quite possible I buy the Mugen 520 one for my 620...

My wife bought a Mugen battery for her Galaxy Mini 2 and she's pleased with it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb