[HELP] Phone stuck at gears spinning after GDR2 update.

Ayush Upadhyay

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I use a Lumia 620 purchased in Hong Kong, in India. Yesterday night the GDR2 update was rolled out. Everything was fine till the gears started spinning and it continued for a couple of hours. I tried to remove the battery and insert it again but that didn't solve the problem.

I looked up in the forum, many people faced this issue but I couldn't get my phone to work through the steps mentioned. Maybe I missed something. Also, the Nokia Software Updater for Retail wouldn't recognize my Lumia now. :(

Please Help!! How to get my Lumia up and working?:crying:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Shouldn't have removed the battery.
How much was the charge when the update initiated?

Tried pressing vol down + power now?

Ayush Upadhyay

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
The charge was around 70%. However I plugged it in when the gears started spinning. I had around 600 MB free in my phone when the update download finished. Can that be an issue?

And yes, I tried Volume Down + Power button, gears came again and the continued.

Ayush Upadhyay

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I left my phone again for 5 hours, it kept vibrating thrice in between and then low battery iconwould come up. Then the gears again, it repeated for a while. Finally I saw a Battery icon with question mark. I have no clue what is going on. Please suggest. My phone being of different country won't be accepted by nokia customer care too. :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett