help i think my lumia 620 died

Dejan Manic

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi so today i was asked by the phone to update it and i said ok install a minute later it restarted and two gears popped up and started spinning for like an hour i got frustrated and pulled the battery out and back in and suddenly when i power it up after the nokia logo i just get a black screen and nothing works. Ive read about the soft and hard resets and both are not working can someone help me :< thanks in advance

Aditya Rikame

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Its because you halted the update installtion
You can now go for two options
1.Take it to a nokia service center
2.Flash image via NSU or Nokia Software Updater

Dejan Manic

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Its better you take it to the service center. They will fix it within an hour.

well that will be hard a bit, firstly coz if i take it to the operator here in my city to try to fix it with the guarantee i got on the phone most likely will they have to send it to another city for help coz they usually dont fix phones there, my last phone the galaxy ace they gave it back after 45 days :< so i dont know that to do now

Ayush Upadhyay

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I also faced the same issue as yours. Banged my head for two days and tried every solution, Nothing worked. At last, took it to the service center and my phone is fine now.

JackFr0st

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
:angry::angry::angry::angry: Halfway through intall, my update failed. Now all I see is RED SCREEN with NOKIA logo. Tried everything mentioned in different forums. But no use. Removed battery like 20 times. Same screen when turned on. It has been 2 days I have been banging my head on the wall because I don't have time to go to nokia care.
Am I missing a step???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

taha kezar

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
yes yes i am facing the same issue...but in my phone after dead red battery thing..those 2 wheels appear agn and they go on and on and on..what should i do now?
how much did they charge you ayush?

taha kezar

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
but whenever i reset my phone it says low battery and then when i keep it on charge it charges for a while and again those wheels appear...now?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You can reset phone by using combination key or go to setting> about> reset phone

Using combination key(volume down AND power off) till screen is off will induce soft reset. Going to setting and reset phone will result in Hard Reset which means all data+settings will be lost. Soft reset will only restart the phone, only date+time will be lost. Doing soft reset once fortnight will be good for phone's performance. Please dont advise before knowing the difference :)

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Using combination key(volume down AND power off) till screen is off will induce soft reset. Going to setting and reset phone will result in Hard Reset which means all data+settings will be lost. Soft reset will only restart the phone, only date+time will be lost. Doing soft reset once fortnight will be good for phone's performance. Please dont advise before knowing the difference :)

From what I've read and experienced

Soft reset: Hold volume down button +lock button(hold for 10-15 second until it vibrate) = just like normal restart

Hard reset:
1) Hold volume down button +lock button +camera button(hold for 10-15 second until it vibrate) = restore to factory setting
2) Go to setting >about >reset phone

Yes I know the difference, I just don't explain it in detail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos