Broken lock button :(

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine was broken two months ago, I took the phone to a Nokia Care Center, and they fixed it. (My phone doesn't have warranty in my country, I had to pay for the repair)

Then, the issue happened to my friend's Lumia 620. He opened his phone, and saw that the solder of the lock key is loose. He tried to fix it by soldering it. His lock screen has been fixed, and is working now. (sorry if my English is not good)

And after that, the issue happened to my phone again. I think something's wrong with my Lumia 620. While he was able to fix his phone, he was not able to fix my phone. Actually, he tried to fix my phone two times, and just after one day the issue appeared again.

I'm thinking about taking my phone to a Nokia Care Center again.

Viki Cullen

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Same problem , i am tired of this **** . Its broken twice within 6 months and Nokia care are telling now that , the phone will not have any warranty in future .

Its been just 6 months and its getting worse now

Vinayak Hanchate

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I think I found the root cause,
If you charge your phone by any other charger than recommended by Nokia (which comes in Nokia box), The power button doesn't work for lock-screen,

I had the exactly same issue when I started charging my phone with a Samsung charger of my partner. Basically phone heats up and might cause some connection problem. But as soon as I started charging with Nokia charger problem gone.
Please comment if it worked for you.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon