Lumia 620 Sudden Battery Drain

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 620 started experiencing shorter than usual battery life. Before, it can last roughly more than a day with my normal usage, but now, even though it's in standby, it loses battery charge quickly. I even turned off my mobile data for a night just to save battery charge but when I woke up, it lost 10%. I only have 4 apps on background (Twitter, 6Tag, Bing Weather and Day Counter), my Glance Screen is just in peek mode, my location is always turned off as well as Bluetooth and WiFi. It's not only that it loses battery charge quickly, it also charges quickly now. I used to connect it to a wall charger for more than 2 hours for it to be completely charged but now, in roughly an hour, it shows 100%.

I'm assuming it's my battery that I have to replace, but I want to know if I'm the only one experiencing this random sudden battery drain. My phone is in the dev preview for GDR3.

mirzafida

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 620 started experiencing shorter than usual battery life. Before, it can last roughly more than a day with my normal usage, but now, even though it's in standby, it loses battery charge quickly. I even turned off my mobile data for a night just to save battery charge but when I woke up, it lost 10%. I only have 4 apps on background (Twitter, 6Tag, Bing Weather and Day Counter), my Glance Screen is just in peek mode, my location is always turned off as well as Bluetooth and WiFi. It's not only that it loses battery charge quickly, it also charges quickly now. I used to connect it to a wall charger for more than 2 hours for it to be completely charged but now, in roughly an hour, it shows 100%.

I'm assuming it's my battery that I have to replace, but I want to know if I'm the only one experiencing this random sudden battery drain. My phone is in the dev preview for GDR3.

If u have a friend using another 620. please try with his/her battery and feel it about one day. if the situation happen again, try to factory reset. if didnt work too, take to nokia care.

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I guess I have to purchase a spare battery now to test (since I intended to really buy one) because I don't know anybody with a WP except one friend with a 720. Thanks!

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this is dumb but I still want to ask. My phone has the GDR3 preview, if I do a factory reset, will it revert back to the original OS and firmware version?

Hussain Saify

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
same here dude having a lumia 620 and mine os is dev preview GDR3 . When i see my phone at nighit it shows 56% battery and when i again see in the morning it shows 10%-12%, Though my lumia 620 was in ideal state. Wifi was disabled, internet connection was disabled and i have trie every possible way to save my battery .. but its not working , I think the problem is with Dev preview of GDR3.

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

There is a high possibility that your battery cells has been depleted.
But before buying a replacement one consider this.

-
1.) Turn on the battery save to always on
2.) Drain your battery 0%
3.) Activate airplane mode while charging.

After you've done the above steps and completed the charging process to 100% then try to observe your 620 battery life if there's no improvement then its time to buy a replacement battery.

To able calibrate your battery don't always drain it to 0% and every time you charge it be sure that it has been completely charged to 100% .This will calibrate your battery and also a longer battery life.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I think I might have the same problem. Twice in the past week, phone runs down battery till it auto-shut down which never happened before. So I decided to keep an eye on it and found it will discharge while standby at about 4.5%/hr. Same setting in past will about about 1%/hr. Now looking for solution.

Samsung ATIV S. 3 months.

princede07

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Everytime I use the mobile data, the charge drains immediately.

Im not sure whether I need change the battery or is that a software issue.

Kindly reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb