is it true everything they say about the battery of the lumia 620?

kammiya

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to buy a Lumia device soon...currently I'm torn between the 620, 720 or 820... (I find the 720 and 820 a bit pricey =S so I'm leaning towards the 620)
I think the features of the 620 are enough for me but I've read a lot about problems with the battery and sudden battery drain.
I want to know from all the 620 users out there if all rumours I've read are true or are an exaggeration...some say the battery only lasts 4 hours with heavy use which I find astonishingly low for a smartphone, I just want a phone that at least lasts 12 hours (I don't believe I'm a heavy user, I mostly use my cellphone for twitter, whatsapp or line, a couple of phonecalls and a bit of internet)
I really hope you can help me :sweaty:

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I think the features of the 620 are enough for me but I've read a lot about problems with the battery and sudden battery drain.

There are reports of this on most WP8 devices, not just the 620. In general this can be traced back to badly written apps - WhatsApp was notorious for this, though I think recent updates have fixed the issue to some extent.

...some say the battery only lasts 4 hours with heavy use which I find astonishingly low for a smartphone, I just want a phone that at least lasts 12 hours

With 'heavy usage', 4 hours is probably realistic, though I'd say that would be 4 hours of continuous usage. This is a budget phone with a budget battery size. The time you get between recharges will be VERY DEPENDENT on how you, as an individual, use your phone. I have given my 620 to my daughter. She's on Facebook quite a bit, and she seems to get a full day out of the phone before having to recharge. When I owned the phone, I would easily go the full day, but I'm probably a reasonably light user.

If you spend a few solid hours browsing the web or playing games, the battery will probably die before the day is out. If you pull the phone out periodically to do some Tweeting and email checking, and make the odd phone call, then the battery will probably last you the day.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to buy a Lumia device soon...currently I'm torn between the 620, 720 or 820... (I find the 720 and 820 a bit pricey =S so I'm leaning towards the 620)
I want to know from all the 620 users out there if all rumours I've read are true or are an exaggeration...some say the battery only lasts 4 hours with heavy use which I find astonishingly low for a smartphone, I just want a phone that at least lasts 12 hours (I don't believe I'm a heavy user, I mostly use my cellphone for twitter, whatsapp or line, a couple of phonecalls and a bit of internet)
I really hope you can help me :sweaty:

if you can wait then wait for sometime 525 is coming. It would be good budget friendly wp8. It has 1gb ram price is expected to be ₹12k I.e $200

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
The 620's battery comfortably lasted me a day with medium use. My GF uses it very lightly and she can go through 4 days without charging it.
The 620 has a typical 1-day smartphone battery, not nearly as bad as some of the reviews will tell, since the GDR2 update which worked miracles for it.

Very good phone, especially for the price.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I use my lumia very much. Gaming almost 2 to 3 hours then whatsapp facebook tweeting. Calls messages. Overall heavy use, it lasts almost for 6-7 hours and i am happy with it cause this phone never lags like android does and battery backup is not that bad really go for lumia 620. Proud to be WP8 user

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's not really that BAD as they say. It depends on the usage , but hey, it's a phone :) Anyway, if you are going out and not really using your email, you can just use the battery saver option. It really helps a lot.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My mother has the 620 and sometimes complains that the battery drains too quickly, even when she's not using the phone. It probably also depends on other factors, such as apps running in the background, data turned on, etc.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sending 5 to 10 messages in WhatsApp on 2g with display on for 10mins drains battery as much as 3-4% Speaks volumes with the existing battery package on this Lumia. Of course, battery drain is based on your usage, screen-on time and apps running.
Avoid at all costs unless ure more into calling and messaging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett