Nokia LUMIA 620 charges but won't turn on after drop

Jolovestoshop

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I dropped my nokia lumia 620 on a wooden floor from chair level and the battery fell out, screen cracked and it won't turn on anymore.

The Nokia screen shows when I plug a charger in and it vibrates and charges for hours but won't turn on past the initial Nokia screen.

Managed to soft and hard reset (!) and the lightning bolt but it reurned to Nokia Screen and remained charging

Can this be fixed? Any idea what it could be, could it be a connector inside has unplugged or I damaged the battery components?
:cry:
Many thanks

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Jolovestoshop. I would take the back cover off again, remove the battery and the sim card. Check the gold contacts on both the battery and at the top of the phone near the camera module. Make sure none are broken or bent etc. Then, place the battery, sim and back cover back on making sure they are not loose.

If you connect it to your PC/Laptop, does it recognize it?

If it is still not working after this and considering you have already tried a Hard Reset, then it really does sound like a component inside is broken or at best dislodged.

Jolovestoshop

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Jolovestoshop. I would take the back cover off again, remove the battery and the sim card. Check the gold contacts on both the battery and at the top of the phone near the camera module. Make sure none are broken or bent etc. Then, place the battery, sim and back cover back on making sure they are not loose.

If you connect it to your PC/Laptop, does it recognize it?

If it is still not working after this and considering you have already tried a Hard Reset, then it really does sound like a component inside is broken or at best dislodged.

Hi yes the laptop charges the phone too and shows the nokia screen but it won't turn on, could it be the battery has broken through the fall if it still charges?

Thanks

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't think it was the battery, but you never know.
When you plug your phone into your laptop, does the laptop read the phones content, like your pictures etc?
Also, if you take the charger out, and try to switch on the phone, does it power on, or do you have to have the charger plugged in for it to do anything?

Jolovestoshop

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't think it was the battery, but you never know.
When you plug your phone into your laptop, does the laptop read the phones content, like your pictures etc?
Also, if you take the charger out, and try to switch on the phone, does it power on, or do you have to have the charger plugged in for it to do anything?

No the laptop only seems to charge it, I think iphotos mightve popped up before..

When I take out the charger it won't turn on, only the nokia screen, vibrate and charge symbol with the usb or power point charger in :(

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
It's not sounding good is it. You could try a new battery if you want to, or if you have a multimeter, you could test your current battery to see if the output is correct.
Here in the UK you can pick up a new BL-4J OEM battery for around ?6, so if they're cheap enough where you live, then it may be worth a try. Failing that, I'd say it sounds like an internal hardware fault of some sort :(

Bo_kamphues

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! I had the exact same thing the other day and wat seemed to work for me was moving on of the pins from the battery closer to each other. Then it made proper contact again and it worked. Unfortunately I was doing a hard reset when it finally boot up again.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi there! I had the exact same thing the other day and wat seemed to work for me was moving on of the pins from the battery closer to each other. Then it made proper contact again and it worked. Unfortunately I was doing a hard reset when it finally boot up again.

That's good to know for others who may have the same issue. Thanks for sharing.

Faraaz96

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I had this issue earlier... But I've a SOLUTION guys :)

Our battery contact(pin) becomes loose if we take it out several times .. So to make it tight again.. Use a small bit of paper... And after 2-3 weeks remove the paper and the battery will work again :)

Hope it helps .. It helped a few people here ...
Thank you :)

afriwine

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
THANKS. information very helpful. was having the same problem but after moving the pins a bit closer, phone is working.
Unfortunately i started a hard restart because i though that was the problem initially.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb