Did anyone get the Lumia 620 from AIO unlocked?

leerickso

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought a lumia 620 on ebay, the seller said it could be used on ATT or AIO, i thought it was ok to buy and unlock, well he only had it for a week, so maybe paid 1 month service, so AIO will not unlock it for me, I want to bring it to the Philippines and also use it here on T-mobile for a while.

Can this AIO Lumia 620 phone be unlocked now? If someone had success, please let me know how.

they last postings i found, everyone was having issue's unlocking using a service/software. But that was back in November.

leerickso

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

AIO gave me the unlock code, but I needed to tell them the original phone number and the pin associated with the phone.
Chatting online wtih AIO: I am lief, The AIO rep is MarisolT;
Lief: the number was 561-271-7546 and the pin was 1144
Lief Erickson: thanks Marisol
MarisolT: No worries =D I'll find the SIM# on our system with the phone an pin =)
Lief: great, that is what the AIO rep said yesterday, thanks!!
Lief: I do have the IMEI nuber
MarisolT: Thanks =D no worries, I'll check on the system! To provide you with the unlock code, it only works with the same, but thank you, Lief
MarisolT: Got it =D
Lief Erickson: great
MarisolT: Please stay with me online while Im working on the unlock code
MarisolT: got it! I have the unlock code
MarisolT: Unlock code: 81819210
MarisolT: and the pin: 1111

PLEASE NOTE: I couldn't get this to work!!!!!
So back to chat online with AIO:
Karen I. Casta?eda: Alrighty Lief. From October to December are only three months and you must have at least 4 months using the device and the service, to be able to unlock the phone. Lief
Lief: ic, so what can I do now? you mean the phone is no good for me, we don't have aio here, I use T-Mobile pay as you go
Karen I. Casta?eda: Lief, You can purchase an AIO SIM card on our website Aio Wireless to use our service, We are partnered with AT&T for coverage purposes
Karen I. Casta?eda: Because you will not be able to get the device unlock right now.
Lief: ic, the last chat rep gave me the unlock code and didn't say anything like that
Lief: here is part of the chat:
Lief: MarisolT: Please stay with me online while Im working on the unlock code
MarisolT: got it! I have the unlock code
MarisolT: Unlock code: 81819210
MarisolT: and the pin: 1111
Karen I. Casta?eda: I understand Lief, But as I told you before you must have at least 4 months using the service plus device. in order to get the device unlock
Karen I. Casta?eda: Let me check what I can do for you Lief.
Lief: If you just verify the last code AIO gave me that would be great, and thanks for your help!!
Karen I. Casta?eda: Sure, Lief. I just spoke to my supervisor and we will help you, Please hang on
Lief: Thank you soooo much
Karen I. Casta?eda: Alrighty Lief, The PIN number that the device is requesting is from the other carrier SIM card, not from the AIO SIM card, and the unlock code is the following: 97601975358983782528

So if you have a few months of service already, tell them the truth and they are very very helpful!!

Regards,
Lief

leerickso

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
any luck on the lumia 620, am in the same boat.

Ya, read above, AIO gave me the unlock code. Just chat them on the AOI page, give them a sob story, and the original number and the pin assigned to the phone. Then they give you the unlock code.

Last edited:

leerickso

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I do not know what you mean, i never posted a link. I chatted the person at AIO. AIO has been bought out so AT&T's Aio Wireless Will Turn Into Cricket Wireless.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I bought a lumia 620 on ebay, the seller said it could be used on ATT or AIO, i thought it was ok to buy and unlock, well he only had it for a week, so maybe paid 1 month service, so AIO will not unlock it for me, I want to bring it to the Philippines and also use it here on T-mobile for a while.

Can this AIO Lumia 620 phone be unlocked now? If someone had success, please let me know how.

they last postings i found, everyone was having issue's unlocking using a service/software. But that was back in November.

Go to your local provider.Tell them you need that phone working despertaley.Give them a nice story and try to get it unlocked in Philippines

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3