Using 620 on AT&T's network

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the 620 on AT&T in the U.S? Thinking of purchasing an unlocked 620 but wanted to make sure there were not any issues first. Thanks!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It should work OK. It lists 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1900 MHz, 2100 MHz for data, which covers AT&T, but I am not sure how many different models were made.
Nokia Lumia 620 Specifications - Nokia

Also keep in mind that if it's an unlocked/unbranded phone from a different country, it will be set to that country code and language, so you'll need to change it to English.

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, if you buy through Aio, they have to be a provider in your area, which they are not for me. I think Aio is only available in select markets

GiggleGoddess

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Aio is nationwide. You can purchase it online! They have great pricing and where I don't get reception with Tmobile (at least for data - i get talk and text) where my boyfriend lives, I got him an Aio phone and he gets AWESOME coverage.

mikedice417

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There were issues with an unlocked device I got from Telus via Amazon. But, I eventually got them worked out. All the steps, including MMS APN settings (if you need them) are on my blog
I wanted this device to work on my existing account that the rest of my family is on. Thats why I didn't go the Aio wireless route. After going through the steps described in the blog though, I've been using the phone for a couple of weeks and it works great on 4G network. No issues. Very convenient form factor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro