Touch screen problem.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
A few minutes ago while I was scrolling through Bing news, a certain small area of the left part of the screen when touched at behaved oddly. Instead of scrolling downward, it scrolled sideways. I tried doing the same gesture everywhere else along the left screen and it scrolled downwards, except that particular area. I was really worried so I download a paint app and started playing around with the brush around that particular part and there was indeed a problem, when ever i brushed through that part the line skipped, basically a blank space. That part wasn't responsive. But that's not all, a little while later I tried again and it worked. My screen was full responsive again.

Is this some os problem or should I go and have my 620 checked? Its under warranty, just 4 months old. Also, when my phone was just a week old, i dropped it and got a dent. But that was long ago, this problem showed up today. Will the dent affect my warranty?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
A few minutes ago while I was scrolling through Bing news, a certain small area of the left part of the screen when touched at behaved oddly. Instead of scrolling downward, it scrolled sideways. I tried doing the same gesture everywhere else along the left screen and it scrolled downwards, except that particular area. I was really worried so I download a paint app and started playing around with the brush around that particular part and there was indeed a problem, when ever i brushed through that part the line skipped, basically a blank space. That part wasn't responsive. But that's not all, a little while later I tried again and it worked. My screen was full responsive again.

Is this some os problem or should I go and have my 620 checked? Its under warranty, just 4 months old. Also, when my phone was just a week old, i dropped it and got a dent. But that was long ago, this problem showed up today. Will the dent affect my warranty?

Have you tried a soft reset? Hold down the power + volume down key until the phone turns off and you feel it vibrate. In regard to the dent, it isn't the physical dent that would affect it - it's if the drop that resulted in that dent also damaged internal components - they can tell if something's been seriously damaged internally. Otherwise physical scuffs and marks are normal I'd say, and it'd be unfair for them to charge you just based on the dent alone.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
There has been absolutely no effect after the fall. It was four months ago, a week after I bought my 620 when I dropped it and got a dent. The problem started yesterday. The problem at the moment is gone but it worries me that it was only a small part of the screen, not the whole screen. I have read that there's a bug where the whole scree becomes unresponsive and locking unlocking fixes it. But this time it was a small part of the screen. I will try a soft reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss