Any serious lags or problems with 8.1? Should i upgrade now?

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, i'd like to know if anyone is experiencing any issues or lags with 8.1, I've read some previous forums about this and there appears to be some small issues, small but definitely more than one. I just wish all those small issues don't add up to ruining my day as I use my phone heavily on certain days. I've also read some people experiencing lag.
Anyone with a 620 please let me know what are the negative changes you have experienced, and how bad is the occasional lags? I would not mind knowing how the 1gb ram phones are holding up as well.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Someone posted in the forums today that after performing a hard reset on a 620, the overall performance had drastically increased while the lags had practically decreased

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
See once you update the phone is gonna get hot and a little lag will be noticed because you are having 2 or more updates to install depending on if the preview app is installed. but once it cools off you are just fine. battery life is affected like from 3 days of charge to maximum 2 days with low to medium use.
that's it just lets your phone cool off then you must be fine with a little lagginess

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't advise you to update if you use your phone a lot, it will lag and get hot, the lag is so annoying and IT IS noticeable, it feels like Android, I think you should wait for the official release...

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I definitely can't wait for the real deal as I know my carrier will take an eternity. However considering all your statements, I will upgrade it but not anytime soon, maybe after a month or more, when I'm free and (hoping) that MS fixes some of the issues.
Thanks for all your input, I appreciate it!

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm using L620 and I updated to wp8.1 DP the first time it went live. No, I don't experience any considerable lags that I have never experienced before I updated. I had a considerable battery drain at first but now it seems back to normal for me. If you don't upgrade to wp8.1 DP, here's what you are missing: save apps on sdcard (i now have 4.5gb free space on my phone and the annoying OTHERS storage is no more), action center (boy, i don't know if I can still love my L620 w/o it), new start screen (you are not limited to the accent colors anymore), you can manually check app updates in the store (i just love this functionality), and the swipe keyboard. These are just to name a few. Anyway, it's your option to wait for the official release if you like. Just don't forget, with the BLACK update, our beloved L620 got it last, i just didn't feel like going through that agony of waiting again...cheers. :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre