Do you still love your Lumia 620 ??

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
It has been six months now since i bought this phone, out has been a good experience and after windows 8.1 it has become magic. Though if i surf the web its battery gets diminished fast but all in all it has performed well for me. The best thing about this phone is its size and the features packed in this entry level smart phone.... What do you think??

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I picked up one last month when Aio had them for $79 (sadly they're only $49 now, so maybe I should have waited a bit more). But still, the amount of features it packs for the price is incredible. NFC, compass, front-facing camera, rear flash. Sure, these are standard on a lot of phones, but rare on the lower end of the spectrum. Its sibling the 520 doesn't have any of those things. It even has HAAC mics, which is supposed to be a "flagship feature." After popping in a 32GB SD card, storage is no longer an issue. Plus I love the way it looks. I'm definitely in love with it.

Sadly 8.1 was a horrible experience for me. The amount of lag was insane and the battery wouldn't get me through half the day. But I just did a hard reset this morning, so we'll see if that clears things up. So far the lag appears to be significantly reduced. *knock on wood*

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought this phone back in First week of March 2013, the very first day it was released here in india, still love it and no issues with it and my love for the phone only increased with wp 8.1 and I didn't even need to hard reset cos I didn't notice any lags or bugs in my 620 yet.
I also can't think of any android device of the price range from the same time that still gets supported after over a year of its release...

I_m_Snah

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm still loving it even though the battery life is somewhat short. And there's some 620 features that are not available in 625 (eg. HAAC mics, Here Drive+ out of the box, NFC, lights in Back-Windows-Search keys).

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I love this device, but waiting for a true 620 successor to upgrade. The 630 and 635 feel like a downgrade from the 620, script except the larger screen and processor. Maybe I'll upgrade to a 725 or 825, when they come...... Till then, not leaving this ecosystem ;)

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Almost a year now since I got mine. Sure, the battery's kind of a pain in the A(8.1 killin' it- Hope the cyan update fixes those firmware related issues) and the keyboard's kinda cramped (not an issue after 8.1- swipe's awesome). But everything else's been such a good experience at this price. I couldn't ask for a better phone. :)

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Agree with the gist of this thread: The 620 is an awesome device for the price point, and the 630 range of devices are a bit of a sideways move.

I love the 625, and yes, the 620 has marginally better specs; the screen, battery etc make the 625 for me. Now if it had 1gb ram I would be so happy.

But yes, a true 620 successor would be fantastic but I think the 625 is as good as it gets for now and they'll be doing something in the 7 series next.

For me the 625 is the base entry level phone - the 525 has the 1gb ram but the 625 has the flash and lte, and one is at less of a disadvantage as the os is rather good for low memory systems.

Now if minokia can create a device with a complete spec sheet I would be so happy, I'm not a fan of the spec differentiation, which is why I think the 620 is so good!!!

Rambling over!

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Get this Battery [HLI-BL5JSL] Buy Mugen Power 1600mAh Extended Battery for Nokia Lumia 520 / T-Mobile Lumia 521 / 5800 XpressMusic / N900 / X6 / C3 and you have +300mAh. I am using it, its great. 44$ is not cheap, but for me it was worth the price.
I love the size of the phone, its perfect to use it with one hand!!

I hope there will be a successor with max. 4" size, and good specs like the 620. They should just give it a better battery and camera. That should be possible in a 4" phone. And of course a newer (but not the best) CPU/GPU/...

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I almost sold this cute phone a few weeks back, but after trying out WP8.1 there's still hope for Lumia.

Data connection and thus push notification reliability has improved massively on the 620 for me with the update. And I'm loving the swipe keyboard which I'm using to type this.

Overall I'm more inclined to try another higher end Lumia after the WP8.1 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre