Hello everyone,

I acquired a Nokia Lumia 620 around 15 months ago, and it's been working relatively well ever since. A couple of weeks ago, however, I dropped the phone on the ground, smashing the digitizer in the process. I soon came to realise that replacing the digitizer was not going to be a complicated a procedure, and therefore purchased an apparently genuine product (matching REV and including the frame) from ebay. I must admit that the product is 2nd hand, but visually it looks as good as new.

After installing the new product, I came to realise that a part of the digitizer was not functioning properly. Judging by the Jigsolve Me! game, a small area on the top third of the screen is not responsive to touch. If I attempt to drag a puzzle piece across the screen, it would inevitably stop within this area. I have included an image to illustrate the unresponsive area.

lumia-620-unresponsive-area.png

Now I'm hoping that perhaps one of you may be able to shed some light as to what is causing this - and furthermore, if there is anything I am able to do to resolve it.

Thanks for the help.

The Shpongled
    05-17-2014 04:06 PM
    Double check everything to make sure everything is installed right and in their rightful place. I mistakenly thought I broke a Treo when I just didn't push a connector in all the way.

But other than that, I'm afraid its a hardware problem, perhaps you can talk to the place you bought the part from.
    05-18-2014 01:03 PM
    Thanks for the reply xandros9. Before creating this post I did in fact reinstall everything, placing extra care to ensure all the connections were secured in place firmly. As this did not resolve the problem, I decided to inform the seller, and was promised that a replacement digitizer would be dispatched.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-20-2014 02:10 PM
    Good to hear, hopefully the replacement will clear things up.
    05-20-2014 08:46 PM