I want to sync my phone (for example Pictures) so that I have a copy of the phone pics on my computer without the paraphernalia about allbums and stuff.

I have experimented with "Windows Phone app for desktop" and in my test I deleted a picture on the desktop folder and after the sync the phone still had the picture that was deleted on the desktop. I thought that the idea of "sync" is that the folders end up having the same contents (updating both added and deleted files)

I downloaded "Zune" but it has a whole lot of stuff about loading things from the internet.

I tried SyncToy but it does not seem to be able to do the job (the folder on the phone is there but greyed out)

Maybe I just don't understand how to use "Windows Phone app for dektop" properly. I would greatly appreciate some help.

All I want is to have certain folders on the phone synced with certain folders on the desktop, without the albums or favourites nonsense.
    06-04-2014 03:00 PM
    The Nokia Lumia 620 is a Windows Phone 8 device, so Zune is not needed at all (and will not even work).

I'm moving this thread to the Nokia Lumia 620 forum.

Have you seen this information from Microsoft? Sync photos and videos using my computer | Windows Phone How-to (United States) It explains how to save things to your PC and delete them from your phone.
    06-04-2014 03:25 PM
    I understand this is quite a bit late, but assuming you haven't updated to the 8.1DP, you could sync using WMP.

(It worked perfectly!)
    Kaushik Banerjee likes this.
    06-06-2014 04:50 AM