Can't update my Lumia 620 to Lumia Black

SergioTeixeira

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
HI,

I have installed on my Lumia 620 the Wp 8.1 dev preview.
Because at the time of installing this preview my carrier was still testing Lumia Black for my device, I still have Lumia Amber as my firmware version.
After I saw on Nokia's support page that Lumia Black was finally available on my country and carrier, I forced the update using the "update my phone" feature under "settings", but nothing happens ("your phone is up to date"). I'm still stuck on L. Amber.

I've updated my Extras+info app and also used Lumia System Updater and SysApp Pusher to force any eventual update of "Extras+Info".

Is there some incompatibility between the DEvs Preview and Lumia Black update detection?

Do I have to do a clean install using Nokia Software Updater ?

Or do I have to revert to Wp 8.0 detect Lumia black and intall it AND then update to wp 8.1?

Thank you guys

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
More than likely... Black expects to find 8.0, and if it finds 8.1 then it gets confused and says it can't find what it wants. So if you want Black, you will most likely have to use the retail tool to downgrade. Which would give you Black anyway as it's now the most current commercial release.

But: since MS have halted all updates and stuff for the preview of 8.1 there's a good chance you won't be able to install it after going back to 8.0....

Or sit back and wait until Cyan hits, which should render the issue meaningless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise